Strap Locks

Started by Squash, December 24, 2019, 10:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I want to put Schaller S-Locks on my Larrivee, but as many of you know, the Larrivee strap-buttons are not screwed directly into the wood.  They are inserted as a two-piece unit into a 13 mm hole drilled all the way through the base of the guitar, leaving nothing to drill the new strap-button into.

Any suggestions?

The strap button shown is what was on the guitar when I got it, and I was later able to install a pickup using the original hole.
It is about an inch from the back of the guitar.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: Squash on December 24, 2019, 10:59:40 AM
I want to put Schaller S-Locks on my Larrivee, but as many of you know, the Larrivee strap-buttons are not screwed directly into the wood.  They are inserted as a two-piece unit into a 13 mm hole drilled all the way through the base of the guitar, leaving nothing to drill the new strap-button into.

Any suggestions?

I thought I would need strap locks for my Larrivee LV-05, so I bought a couple with a Levi guitar strap. The sales person insisted I wouldn't need them.

That was months ago

He was right, I don't.

I guess it depends if you dance while you play.  :nana_guitar

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 20, 2020, 02:10:18 PM
I guess it depends if you dance while you play.  :nana_guitar

Problem is..I'm not very co-ordinated that way.

Have always been afraid of losing my balance and crashing ...with my guitar!!!!

Quote from: old beginner on January 22, 2020, 01:43:55 PM
Problem is..I'm not very co-ordinated that way.

Have always been afraid of losing my balance and crashing ...with my guitar!!!!

That's why they invented stools.  :beer

standing up and dancing while playing makes you an easier target for beautiful young women to hit on you.

so I would definitely AVOID doing that..... :roll
you might end up marrying one, and she will drive you to your gigs, carry your gear etc....

hardly a good prospect......
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on February 04, 2020, 06:00:46 PM
standing up and dancing while playing makes you an easier target for beautiful young women to hit on you.

so I would definitely AVOID doing that..... :roll
you might end up marrying one, and she will drive you to your gigs, carry your gear etc....

hardly a good prospect......

I hate you right now. 

:laughin:

Quote from: old beginner on January 20, 2020, 11:35:50 AM
I thought I would need strap locks for my Larrivee LV-05, so I bought a couple with a Levi guitar strap. The sales person insisted I wouldn't need them.  That was months ago   He was right, I don't.

Maybe it depends on how often you "need" to take a strap on or off of a guitar.

I used to leave a strap on my guitar all night because taking it on and off just made the fit looser and looser. Then one night I lifted my guitar over my head straight into a ceiling fan.

Now I use strap locks. (It also makes it so much easier to coordinate your straps with your stage outfits  :wink:)

Quote from: skyline on February 04, 2020, 08:23:54 PM
Maybe it depends on how often you "need" to take a strap on or off of a guitar.

I used to leave a strap on my guitar all night because taking it on and off just made the fit looser and looser. Then one night I lifted my guitar over my head straight into a ceiling fan.

Now I use strap locks. (It also makes it so much easier to coordinate your straps with your stage outfits  :wink:)

To be hones, I leave my strap on all the time. I tried to remove it once and it was quite a struggle and the locks wouldn't go on very easily.....and the guitar hasn't fallen off ...yet....