Denis slips one past?

Started by skyline, December 05, 2019, 07:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It is very very nice, as is all of the music Denis does.
Sounds like the classical guitar Denis got recently?
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Something I love about Dennis' music is, that even in a song like this slower song, and being the last day of summer, a positive good vibe comes through.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Thanks guys!  I haven't posted much on the forum lately.  I should probably make a video for this tune.

Yes Mike, it is the new LS-03R classical that was used to record the track.  It's pretty much the only guitar I play anymore! 

I have a Christmas tune out too.  It's also a celtic/folk thing too...Greensleeves.

https://song.link/ca/i/1487831259

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

The site wants me to sign up to listen. I don't want to but I'd like to hear it.  :?

Likewise, Duck.  I'm glad to hear that Denis is still making music, though.

Quote from: Denis on December 29, 2019, 03:22:17 PM
This should work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH7z2Va8zgY

Yes, it does. Very nice Denis. Slight Latin flavor. The classical sounds really good.  :thumb

Thanks.  I'm finding it harder to find time to play much these days.  Lucky to get anything done.  The day job is taking up a lot of my time and energy.  It's hard to get motivated or inspired.  Hope to get more tunes out there soon.

Quote from: Denis on December 30, 2019, 06:31:20 AM
Thanks.  I'm finding it harder to find time to play much these days.  Lucky to get anything done.  The day job is taking up a lot of my time and energy.  It's hard to get motivated or inspired.  Hope to get more tunes out there soon.

Yeah but don't give up your day job! Seriously, you'll have no money to buy guitars and all the extra time will be taken up by your wife getting you to do stuff!  :laughin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on December 30, 2019, 06:59:28 AM
Yeah but don't give up your day job! Seriously, you'll have no money to buy guitars and all the extra time will be taken up by your wife getting you to do stuff!  :laughin:

Tom, if I was working on the music full time, I could probably squeak by...surprisingly!  But sadly, my wife probably wouldn't let me.  Not right now at least.

I actually went well into 5 figures in 2018 and pretty much doubled that in 2019.  No live gigs, no tours, just streams and TV placements.  I did a tune with my buddy in Norway that has gotten over 6.25 million streams on Spotify.  Still getting nearly 300k streams a month from it now. 

This is the tune.  It was released a year ago tomorrow. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4L1WhaEWs

Quote from: Denis on January 03, 2020, 07:06:03 AM
Tom, if I was working on the music full time, I could probably squeak by...surprisingly!  But sadly, my wife probably wouldn't let me.  Not right now at least.

I actually went well into 5 figures in 2018 and pretty much doubled that in 2019.  No live gigs, no tours, just streams and TV placements.  I did a tune with my buddy in Norway that has gotten over 6.25 million streams on Spotify.  Still getting nearly 300k streams a month from it now.  

This is the tune.  It was released a year ago tomorrow.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4L1WhaEWs

That's great Denis! Wishing you much success. Of course, I was talking about me not you. I made a decision long ago that while it was possible to make a living playing music, it would have been a lot harder than what I did for a living. Of course, that was before the internet and it would have involved a lot of playing in bars and too much alcohol. I figured I was good enough to make a living but not good enough to make a killing. The music industry is great at the top but a lot of hard work at the lower end. My day job was a breeze. Maybe I should quit trying to sing and just play my guitar.  :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 03, 2020, 07:41:58 AM
That's great Denis! Wishing you much success. Of course, I was talking about me not you. I made a decision long ago that while it was possible to make a living playing music, it would have been a lot harder than what I did for a living. Of course, that was before the internet and it would have involved a lot of playing in bars and too much alcohol. I figured I was good enough to make a living but not good enough to make a killing. The music industry is great at the top but a lot of hard work at the lower end. My day job was a breeze. Maybe I should quit trying to sing and just play my guitar.  :cheers

I haven't played a gig in maybe 5 years.  Not sure there are many venues left for that here in Ottawa/Gatineau.  None that pay much at least.  "You could play for the exposure"  Yeah, no...I'm not lugging my gear out to play until 1:00 am for the "exposure" 

Yeah, you know, there's decent money out there for waiting room, elevator, background or on hold music!!   :nana_guitar

Quote from: Denis on January 03, 2020, 07:56:05 AM
I haven't played a gig in maybe 5 years.  Not sure there are many venues left for that here in Ottawa/Gatineau.  None that pay much at least.  "You could play for the exposure"  Yeah, no...I'm not lugging my gear out to play until 1:00 am for the "exposure"  

Yeah, you know, there's decent money out there for waiting room, elevator, background or on hold music!!   :nana_guitar

I've heard you can die of exposure. It's funny. Last year, my buddy and I entered several songs in the Great American Songwriting Contest and one was a finalist in the country category. I wasn't that impressed by that and everyone, my buddy, my wife, daughters couldn't understand why I wasn't thrilled. Well, there was no prize just a really nice review of the song. While I wasn't displeased, they all thought I should be more excited about the confirmation. I said that I already knew it was a good song. Like exposure, confirmation and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. Cheers mon ami!

Quote from: Denis on January 17, 2020, 04:57:34 AM
Out today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6O9B7i-FRo

Very nice - especially when it's -21°C outside!

Keep that up and you're gonna be hunting for a seven string . . .

Well that's just really nice!  :thumbsup

Thanks guys.  I have another tune coming out on February 21st.  Another nylon string duet but it will be with my buddy Tommy from Norway. 

Quote from: Denis on January 17, 2020, 04:57:34 AM
Out today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6O9B7i-FRo
This tune is great. I think your partnerships with other guitarists is paying off well.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)