New Larrivee D44 mahogany

Started by RWC, October 25, 2019, 08:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all.  New Larrivee owner.
Does anyone know anything about the D44 with mahogany back and sides?
I Just bought a new D44 and was told it was mahogany not rosewood. I love the tone and was looking for mahogany.  It does have the gloss finish. I only see the D44R on the website though and so a little confused.  I typed the serial number in Larrivee's website but it stated "not found".  And tried to register the guitar but the website does not seem to accept my entry. The papers with the guitar states "D44 "D"". I did read about a possible D44 made with mahogany on a guitar giveaway.  But can't find anything on the internet or Larrivee's website about this model.  Love the sound so it's not a big deal but there must be other D44 mahogany ones out in the world somewhere. Is this model just too new to be on the website and for sale in stores?, or did they just made a couple and abandoned the model?

D-40 makes some sense but 44 doesn't. A D-40 would be a mahogany dread in the traditional style. What a second four in the model name might mean .... maybe John Larrivée will step in with an answer to that one.
As always, donuts and pictures might help. 

Yes you are correct, there was a give away of a D44R. I believe the 44 was also offered as your new guitar is, with Mahogany back and sides.
OM-01

It just has D44 above the serial number on the neck block  I am quite happy with it.   Have not had an acoustic that sounded so good (to my ears anyway).  Guess it does not matter if they only made a few and quit.  I think I am a Larrivee fan now.