Geezer in praise of eighties electrics

Started by headsup, July 19, 2019, 01:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A pal tried to sell me his very nice PRS SE custom guitar.
2 HB pups, and I actually had one of these several years ago before they started making them "over there" for less $.

I'm have  two very lovely older Larrivee electrics. an RS2 (?) with 2 EMG HB pups, in metallic purple, all original which simply wails as a brilliant guitar.

I also have my original RS4 CM from the eighties, CM means carved maple cap (before C&C machines) pick up configuration, hand wound by Jean himself is SSH.
neck through body, and really a spectacular guitar to play and own.

Stunning ringing chime "strat" sounds-only better- from the two single coils, and a real growly beast of an HB bridge sound from the HB.

Stupid me, has had this one in a case until today, had to do some Floyd Rose adjustments (yuck) and just wow.

Another "hats off" to the guy who went into his own design and concept of electrics when the acoustic market tanked way back then.

every night, every gig, every show- minimum two or three Larrivee guitars in the rack.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on July 19, 2019, 01:20:18 PM

every night, every gig, every show- minimum two or three Larrivee guitars in the rack.

:thumbsup
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

It's fun to pull out a guitar you haven't played for a while and fall in love all over again. Women just won't go along with that.   :whistling: :laughin: