K&K Pure Mini vs JJB 330

Started by AZLiberty, May 25, 2019, 08:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given how much K&K has increased their prices lately, is there any good reason to pick up the K&K vs the JJB 330?

I'll be dropping it into my Rainsong CH-PA either way.

Crickets...

Looks like the LR Baggs I was going to drop into my Larrivee Parlor has a bad pickup element. 

JJB-330 is cheaper than the stupid replacement part, so looks like I am going to experiment on the Larrivee.

I haven't heard myself the JJB330 so I couldn't give you an opinion.I'm not a fan of the K+K I find them to be hot and you need a pre-amp to calm it down.I am a fan of the Bagggs stuff.I do have a Fishman Sonitone in my Guild 12 string and I've installed it in a clients guitar.Koamons 0003V which is sitting in a local store had one installed and it sounds  wonderful.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I love K & K and so does my Larrivee guitars. Even at the new prices they are a bargain.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

I have tried a 2 element JJB in a tenor guitar.  It works fine.  

It seems to me, K&K has done a lot of research and refines their products and comes up with new products, while JJB puts out pickups that look like K&K.  For my money, I'm happy to support the company that refined the design and will continue to innovate.  The Pure Mini is my preferred pickup.

And, I just looked them up and they are $99.  Haven't they been $99 for ever?

Ed

Quote from: eded on June 05, 2019, 05:40:53 PM

And, I just looked them up and they are $99.  Haven't they been $99 for ever?

Ed

Last time I bought one they were $75.  So, I see a 33% increase in price.

The JJB was supposed to get here today.  Post office shows it delivered, but we didn't get any mail today.  So now I get the fun of driving into town in the morning and seeing if the fine folks at the Postal Storage Service can figure out what they actually did with my mail today.

Post office thinks it was delivered.  So either it went in the wrong box, or we have mail thieves again.

Jessie was kind enough to send me a replacement for the one that went missing.  Dropped it off at the shop today.

Hopefully I can get the O-01 back by the end of the week.

Got my guitar back today.

JJB sounds good.  Nicely balanced.  Possibly very slightly bass heavy, which is just fine on an O-01 as far as I am concerned.