Forum Interface Request

Started by L07 Shooting Star, February 02, 2017, 12:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would it be possible or feasible to put an option at the bottom of each page in a topic that takes you directly back to "home" in it's updated state, so one wouldn't have to scroll all the way back to the top to go back to the home page?  It would be in addition to the option of choosing page 1, page 2, "go up" etc. in any given thread.  When I am done reading the latest posts in a thread, I like to go back to the home page to see if something new has been posted.  I realize I can click on the back arrow in my browser and it will take me "home", but if there are new posts, I would miss them so I have to refresh to see them.  I realize this is a trivial thing, but if it could be done easily, I think it would be a real convenience.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Hi Kurt

Have you tried going to the top of the page and clicking on this:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 02, 2017, 06:05:59 AM
Hi Kurt

Have you tried going to the top of the page and clicking on this:

Or from the bottom do you have this option in the bottom right hand corner?

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 02, 2017, 12:16:29 PM
Or from the bottom do you have this option in the bottom right hand corner?

Yes, and I never used it before!  If it takes me "home" in it's refreshed state, I'm a happy camper and mission accomplished.

Well, who knew.  And there it was staring me in the face all these 7 years.  :blush:  Thanks Andrew.

The one I have not found is a button to go directly back to "show unread posts..." without having to go back to the top of the page first.  I cannot find it on any links at the bottom of the page, which is where I usually wind up while catching up on posts...
George

Quote from: georbro3 on February 03, 2017, 09:48:11 AM
The one I have not found is a button to go directly back to "show unread posts..." without having to go back to the top of the page first.  I cannot find it on any links at the bottom of the page, which is where I usually wind up while catching up on posts...
Yup you gotta go to the top of any page you are on and click on it