One And The Same?

Started by Cranky Yankee, June 16, 2003, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howdy all. Is this the remnant of the Temple of Golden Tone, the Larrivee forum that was one of the ezboard forums?

One day it was there and the next... poof, gone!

In any case glad to see a Larrivee forum. After all they are one of, if not the best manufactured guitars made today.

jim

Hi Cranky,
This must be a spinoff from the original Larrivee forum overtaken by pop-ups or something. Anyhow, I hope this one goes better and lasts longer before it fades away into oblivion.

Have you tried any of the new 50-60 series "Bluegrassers" yet? Wish I could but alas, there doesn't seem to be any within a few states yet down here in Florida.

Jeff :rolleyes:  
Stanford PSD10 (best Martin D-18 copy out there!)
Stanford PSD20
Walden D552 12-string
The Loar LM-400VS Mandolin

Hi picker, I agree, hope it lasts much longer. Nope, ain't played any guitars other than what I own lately. Plan to keep it that way as I cannot afford anything at the moment. I'm staying away from music stores, well, at least till I get back to work. :D

Here's the deal about the forums:

In December I mentioned on Acousticguitar.com's forum that there should be a Larrivee Forum.  Ross then started the ezBoard forum, and I registered larriveeforum.com.  Things were looking good and we, along with a few others, worked on the forum together.

Myself, along with 2 or 3 others, were made moderators and given certain areas to be in charge of.  I was working on the reviews section.  By the time I had it ready to go, my moderator status (and everyone elses) was taken away without any warning or explanation.  Repeated attempts to find out why were left unanswered.

The ezBoard forum talks slowed way down as no improvements were ever made to the site and many sections remained locked.  Then the pop-up ads took over.  This pretty much killed it.  Many, including myself, basically stopped going there because it was such a hassle.  

After a few others started complaining,  I came up with the idea to just start over.  I did a little research and found a free forum software package that is great, and a place to host it for $5.95 a month.  It's worth the money to me to have this available for everyone.  I'm pretty decent and web design and programming, so I put this site together to see if it would work.

So, here it is.  I'm not completely finished, so you will probably see some bugs and cosmetic issues.  I'm working on it and plan to have it completely finished very soon.  It already appears to be better than the old one.

The old ezBoard site is still up, and probably will be I guess.  www.larriveeforum.com now points here.  Please let me know if there are any forum features you would like to see or taken away.  I'm open to any suggestions.

I hope everyone enjoys the new forum and gets something out of it.  

Zach

Zach

Thanks for all the hard work. The new site looks great. It's already been added to my faves.

Thanks Zselby for starting up this new forum!!!  I was so tired of the pop up's on the old Larrivee forum that it just wasn't worth the trouble to visit!  I will track this one with great enthusiasm and participate whenever I can.  Let's not let this die a slow death like the old forum!

Once again, thanks for all your effort and establishing a great forum for a great guitar!!!

NewStrings :rolleyes:  
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

Thanks zselby, for all your work.

I was and am unable to get to the old forum for quite a while now. Which is fine cause I hate popups.   :angry:

I tried to respond to your comment over in Announcements and I was unable to. Said I didn't have permission. Is that a bug or just for moderators?

How long before my junior status changes to member? I really feel too old to be a junior anything. ;)

Nice to be here and thanks again.

jim

Rock on!

I'm glad to be part of this Forum.  I don't own a Larrivee, but I'm Jonesin' pretty hard for a D-03BW.

Thanks for your work, zselsby.

The annoucement section is limited to moderators only.  I may take it down at some point, but since the forum is new I put it up to relay important messages.

I just took the status thing out.  I don't see any need for it.

Zach

Zach

Great site, thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!! ;)  

Not as many people as Taylor but it's just a matter of time before they discover the Larrivee difference! :lol:  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2