Jumping Screen in Reply Box?

Started by ducktrapper, September 01, 2011, 08:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've asked this before but does anyone else have this trouble when typing a reply. The screen jumps so that you can't see what you're typing? 

Drives me batty.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Only happens to me if I type beyond a point in the reply box.Heck I thought it was my rebuilt from a bunch of parts 6 year old computer.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Happens to me too excepted it as a necessary evil. Is there a remedy :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Tough for semi-dyslexics like me to type with that jumpity jump going on.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Like Rob says, it happens when you get past a certain point in the text box.  What I have done if I want to type one of my long-winded boring dissertations, is to type it in Windows notepad first then copy and paste it into the text box.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on September 02, 2011, 12:05:33 AM
Like Rob says, it happens when you get past a certain point in the text box.  What I have done if I want to type one of my long-winded boring dissertations, is to type it in Windows notepad first then copy and paste it into the text box.

Kurt

I've thought of that but surely there's a fix.

Try using the Compatibility View icon which should be next to the refresh icon in the url box at the top left of the web browser.

Another thing that can cause this is starting to type before the web page is completely finished. ie the iexplorer logo is still spinning.

I'm going to move this thread.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on September 02, 2011, 07:30:20 AM
Try using the Compatibility View icon which should be next to the refresh icon in the url box at the top left of the web browser.

Thanks, it cleaned up the post appearance at the very least. Been trying to limit my rants so til then will have to assume this suggestion has solved the jumpity-jump.  :beer
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: ducktrapper on September 01, 2011, 08:26:22 PM
I've asked this before but does anyone else have this trouble when typing a reply? The screen jumps so that you can't see what you're typing.

Nope. Got a Mac.
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

I use a Chrome browser on a PC and I never have that trouble.

Quote from: Queequeg on September 02, 2011, 07:46:31 AM
I use a Chrome browser on a PC and I never have that trouble.

Chrome browser also puts a very small 'grab' box tool in the lower right hand corner of the reply window. Click on it with the mouse and drag it out to be as big a reply window as you need. Very nice for seeing a 'rant' in it's glorious entirety before hitting the post button.

So it's Bill Gates' fault? Again? Dang. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on September 02, 2011, 08:53:07 AM
So it's Bill Gates' fault? Again? Dang. 

Yup. Old Potato Butt has fouled things up yet again.

(note: I run a small / private SMF forum and the only ones who have problems with the board are MSIE users - I've spent hours toggling the SMF settings to attempt fixing the ills they report and invariably it goes away for them when they roll back to a previous version of MSIE or switch to Chrome, Firefox, Opera, et al).

I would have never, ever noticed that Chrome feature you mentioned, CJ.  Yeah, indeed, it's there and works.