New Larrivee Electric Guitars Released

Started by guitarcrazy, March 10, 2010, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrivee announced a new electric model today.  It will be less than the RS-4, with a retail price of $1695.  It looks like a nice instrument with a much more affordable price tag.  J

Dear Larrivee dealers,

We are expanding our electric line with a new model; the RS-2.

- Flat top, solid mahogany body and neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Dot position markers
- Tone Pros bridge and tail piece
- Tone Pros "old school" tulip button tuners
- CTS Pots
- Russian NOS Paper & Oil Capacitors
- Larrivee Custom Wound High Performance Pickups (no covers)
- Available in Translucent Tobacco, Translucent Amber, Translucent Cherry, and Black

Retail price is $1695.  A deluxe arch top case is included in the price. Delivery time on the first batch will be around 3-5 weeks.

We are making a serious commitment to electric guitars. As many of you know, electrics are not new for Larrivee. We produced thousands in the 1980's under the Larrivee name and built many for other companies. The Kramer Paul Dean guitar, the Neal Schon guitars and other very famous electrics of that time were built by Larrivee.

We consider our new RS line of guitars a stand-alone part of Larrivee. Existing dealers who have bought RS-4's in the past are open to buy the RS-2 at will. Dealers who have not purchased an RS-4 and wish to order the new RS-2 must also purchase at least one RS-4 model in order to become a Larrivee electric dealer.

We are in the electric business for the long haul. These guitars are professional-grade instruments and will go head to head with any electric on the market. All Larrivee electrics are hand built in the USA.

We will have these beauties on display at the SXSW Show next weekend in Austin Texas and at the Dallas Guitar show in April.
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Here is a photo!

[attachment deleted by admin]
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Hey Jason looks nice are those straplocks I see attached to the guitar.Are P90 versions going to be available? :nice guitar:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hi Rob, they didn't say anything about strap locks, or P-90s, unfortunately.  Larrivee is big on winding their own pickups, so I don't think we'll see a P-90 option any time soon.  I'll ask them though, maybe it will give them something to think about.  I hope things are well for you.  J
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

This will give many that were straddling the fence the extra push to go ahead and get one of Larrivee's
fine electric guitars without breaking the bank! :+1:

I can't wait to get my new Lefty RS-4 in Rootbeer that is being completed as we speak! :beer

Mac

Mac Baker

Jason let them know that Lindy Fralin has a split sigle coil that fits in a humbucker cut out but is a P90,he calls it a P92 and they are great P90 pickups.Have installed some wound to old Gibson spec's and they were some of the best P90 pickups I have played.I also think that Matt could build there own version as I have heard his humbuckers and I have to say as someone who finds most humbuckers useless theres are just perfect.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

The RS 2 looks like a beauty. Larrivee currently make a P90 as I am fortunate to possess the RS 4 P90 thus I would bet my last dollar a P90 RS 2 will soon follow. Their P90 is every bit as good in every way as their humbucker for those familiar with that.

For those familiar with the RS 4 it comes as no surprise that Larrivee is into the Electrics for the long haul, they are simply that good. Anyone buying an electric guitar IMHO with due respect are fools to not seriously look at a Larrivee RS.

Gotta have an RS 2 GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are pretty aren't they :? And you know they are custom shop grade.   :guitar
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I am convinced that Matt LARRIVEE will be every bit to electric guitars as his father is to acoustics!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

HALLELUJAH!!!

And HOT D@#M!!!

(Sorry, couldn't help myself  :blush: ).

This is truly the best news since the RS-4...and YES, I will be ordering one, but - Jason, and other dealers (Jim at Trinity), please let Matthew know that some of us do want to order this one with the P-90's - it's a perfect spoiler to those G....n guits with hog body and P-90 pickups...

I'm ready...just say RS-2 P-90 and I'M ALL IN!!!

After all, I don't want my RS-4 to start gettin' lonely...  :laughin:

:nanadance :nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

And, of course, Larrivee has these priced so amazingly low, I'm going to have to get a 'bucker version as well ... but P-90's first!!!

THANK YOU, MATTHEW!!!

THANK YOU, JEAN!!!

THANK YOU, LARRIVEE EMPLOYEES!!!

:roll

Ahhh Rev I see you slipped over the 1000 posts quietly in a stealth like fashion - Congratulations. Always enjoy your insight!!!!

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 10, 2010, 10:35:42 PM
Ahhh Rev I see you slipped over the 1000 posts quietly in a stealth like fashion - Congratulations. Always enjoy your insight!!!!

Gosh...I didn't even notice...thanks for pointing that out, JOYCEfromNS!!!   :blush:

P.S. to my last two posts:  I never would have believed it, but I may soon own as many Larrivee electrics as I own Larrivee acoustics (3 + 3)!!!  :nice guitar:

Rev - aka., "Mikeymac",

I hear you on "BEING IN LIKE FLINT" if Matt offeres the RS-2 with his P-90's! Man I haven't even gotten my
ROOTBEER RS-4 yet and here I am gassing over one of these ALL-HOG Larrivee's!I just feel strongly
that Matt will put his P-90's in the "MIX WITH THE RS-2's"! :thumb

Can't see him using someone else's pickups when he is building from scratch Larrivee's own in house
P-90 and HB pickups with his own custom designed pickup winder for the RS-4! :rolleye:

Matt told me in an e-mail that my RS-4 is getting close to being finished!He is suppose to send me
some pics of it later this week! :nana_guitar

Mac

Mac Baker

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 10, 2010, 10:35:42 PM

:bowdown:  Another Gold Member !!! :wave :thumbsup :beer  :nice guitar: er, I mean nice  Guy!!!
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: macsmojado on March 10, 2010, 10:57:19 PM
Matt told me in an e-mail that my RS-4 is getting close to being finished!He is suppose to send me
some pics of it later this week! :nana_guitar

Mac

Mac please share what he sends you with us all!!!!! :wave

Those look pretty cool!!!  Starting to think I need an electric and an amp???

Nice to see you here again Jason.  Been while hasn't it?

Still no mention of the RS 2 on the Larrivee site  :mad: Gotta say their guitar making is a heck of a lot better than their marketing dept. ( Better than the other way around I suppose)!!!

Yep GAS has set in

For you strictly acoustics out there who might be on the fence - give an RS a try I know the 4 is really the cadilac of todays electric guitars and really at a steal of a price

Can't wait to get my hands on an RS 2  :nana_guitar

I know there was a group shot recently of some Larrivee Electrics & many of us noted the two guitars on the end were not RS 4's but that was pretty much all we knew. Any more pics of the RS 2 out there?

Thought I'd go ahead and brings those pics over to this thread...

...I tried enlarging the pic of the two RS-2 prototypes, but it got too fuzzy ... so I guess we wait to see some more pics.

(I also included a couple shots of that very cool quilt mahogany topped RS-4 with gold hardware!)

I do have one other question: if the top is flat, does the back have the tummy cut, or is it also a 'slab' on the backside? Not a big deal, just curious. If they're following G....n tradition, probably flat, and that's also a cost cutting detail. Looks like they're using all the top notch hardware throughout, though...way to go!

The two in the photos look like the tobacco (left) and cherry.  I wonder what amber looks like on mahogany?  :?

Looking forward to more info on these ASAP!  Thanks to Jason for letting us know about these.

So...Jason (actually Matthew) said only those dealers who buy at least one RS-4 can order RS-2s ... that's what it takes to be considered a Larrivee electric dealer. SO my dealer ordered my lefty Rootbeer specifically for me...does that make them a 'Larrivee electric dealer'?

[attachment deleted by admin]