F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks, I'll keep a lookout on the forum. I'm definitely looking for a right-handed Mahogany top 00 size guitar. The new Martin 00-15M is what sparked my interest, but after a google search popped up this Larrivee 00-3MT F-IV, I really think I want one! There is a Forum III for sale on ebay right now though. . . hmmmm

Quote from: folded.bread on June 24, 2010, 11:29:38 AM
There is a Forum III for sale on ebay right now though. . . hmmmm

You can't go wrong with one of those, either...  :nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Well, at 4pm Eastern time today, my first week of summer vacation will begin.  My girlfriend and her friends have rented the same cottage for many years now and this will be the third year we go up with the kids.  The first 4 days are for "family" time.  The last three are for the "adults".  I'm bringing the FIV as it takes up less space in the trunk and obviously because it's an awesome little guitar.  It'll be nice to hav some time to just sit and pick a little. 

:thumb
Happy holiday Denis...
enjoy your time with your family and F-IV  :wink:

:cheers
Peter

"I'm bringing the FIV as it takes up less space in the trunk. . ."

Denis, please don't keep your guitar in the trunk!!   :crying:

Quote from: Strings4Him on June 26, 2010, 05:12:07 AM
"I'm bringing the FIV as it takes up less space in the trunk. . ."

Denis, please don't keep your guitar in the trunk!!   :crying:

Actually, I needed the trunk for all the crap we always bring to the cottage...it was in the back seat, on the floor..safe and sound

Glad to hear that Denis!  Hope you had a great time. :smile:

A while back I said I wanted to personally thank Danny for all his efforts, his kindness, and his selflessness with the F-IV hogtop guitar project. I've been traveling an awful lot lately. In May and throughout the month of June I was living pretty much in B&Bs and motels from Savannah, GA to New Orleans, and the western slope of Colorado to San Jose, California.
Finally put my suitcase away last week and pulled out my guitar.
I'm very happy with this 00-03MT. Sounds great in altered tunings. I tried to brush up an old tune here that I used to play years ago, and this one goes out especially to Danny with my heartfelt thanks, replete with a few clams as a result of not having played this one for quite a while. "Danny Boy"

The other tune is"Waltzing Matilda" lovingly penned by Banjo Patterson more than one hundred years ago and brilliantly arranged by Larry Pattis, which I discovered on this forum a short time ago. It's coming along and I'll smooth it out here soon.
My best to all.
 :nice guitar:

Quote from: Queequeg on July 05, 2010, 07:50:28 PM
A while back I said I wanted to personally thank Danny for all his efforts, his kindness, and his selflessness with the F-IV hogtop guitar project. I've been traveling an awful lot lately. In May and throughout the month of June I was living pretty much in B&Bs and motels from Savannah, GA to New Orleans, and the western slope of Colorado to San Jose, California.
Finally put my suitcase away last week and pulled out my guitar.
I'm very happy with this 00-03MT. Sounds great in altered tunings. I tried to brush up an old tune here that I used to play years ago, and this one goes out especially to Danny with my heartfelt thanks, replete with a few clams as a result of not having played this one for quite a while. "Danny Boy"

The other tune is"Waltzing Matilda" lovingly penned by Banjo Patterson more than one hundred years ago and brilliantly arranged by Larry Pattis, which I discovered on this forum a short time ago. It's coming along and I'll smooth it out here soon.
My best to all.
  :nice guitar:

Thank you Mark, I am glad you enjoy this little guitar. Mine is right beside me where I sit. My F-III is on the wall right in my view. They are my favorites.

Danny

Yeah, the FIII and FIV are the only guitars I have right now and I think they fit the bill for just about everything I do.  I finally got a good take fo my latest tune, Squish, that I recorded with the FIV.  I've already sent it in to CD Baby so it should be available for download in the very near future...hopefully within a few days on iTunes. 

The FIV records well and as Queequeg said, alternate tunings sound great. 

I'm having a minor proiblem with my FIV; when playing the G note on the high E string (3rd fret), such as on a G chord or C chord, I'm getting a quiet but noticeable high pitched buzz...sounds like it's coming from inside the body, and I'm pretty sure it's source is the Active iBeam pickup (it's wiring or clips).  Anyone else dealt with this? I've noticed this with several sets of different strings, so it's not the strings.

Ironically, I'm getting the same thing on my '92 OM-05, which has a Martin piezo under the saddle (same fret/note). On that guitar, I've almost decided to pull the pickup, but it sounds so good plugged in (for a simple piezo) that I hate do remove it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 07, 2010, 11:10:28 AM
I'm having a minor proiblem with my FIV; when playing the G note on the high E string (3rd fret), such as on a G chord or C chord, I'm getting a quiet but noticeable high pitched buzz...sounds like it's coming from inside the body, and I'm pretty sure it's source is the Active iBeam pickup (it's wiring or clips).  Anyone else dealt with this? I've noticed this with several sets of different strings, so it's not the strings.

Ironically, I'm getting the same thing on my '92 OM-05, which has a Martin piezo under the saddle (same fret/note). On that guitar, I've almost decided to pull the pickup, but it sounds so good plugged in (for a simple piezo) that I hate do remove it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Check for a high fret.

Buzz can be a difficult thing to diagnose. And by design, almost everything sounds like it is coming from the soundhole. (hence the name.)
But the first thing I always check to to be certain that the string ball is right up against the bridge plate on the underside of the top. Sounds like you have done this though.
Here is Frank Ford's essay on buzz.

Much obliged for the kind words, Peter.
I'm enjoying this here double ought.  :thumb

Quote from: Queequeg on July 08, 2010, 07:17:04 AM
Mark I would like to download those tunes to put in my ipod. Do you know if I can from youtube or do you have a MP3 file?

btw my older bro. is in the U.of M. hospital recovering from surgery. I would love to surprise him with a visit and link up with you for some coffee and a few tunes. But it's my peak season of work and we need to head to Kentucky first. Anyway it's still a possibility.

Quote from: Queequeg on July 08, 2010, 07:17:04 AM

They are easy to enjoy!  I am still wondering where all the sound comes from???  There's so much of it and the guitar just seems to small to have that much volume and tone, so lively and vibrant!!  I really am happy I bought this guitar!

Quote from: dependan on July 08, 2010, 07:24:25 AM
   Mark I would like to download those tunes to put in my ipod. Do you know if I can from youtube or do you have a MP3 file?

btw my older bro. is in the U.of M. hospital recovering from surgery. I would love to surprise him with a visit and link up with you for some coffee and a few tunes. But it's my peak season of work and we need to head to Kentucky first. Anyway it's still a possibility.
woah! Danny I play in the lobby of the U of M hospital every Saturday.
If you get to A2 call me.
All the best to your brother, too. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
It is a two-part process getting youtube to an mp3.
First you need to download the youtube video. this free software will handle it for you.
Then  you need an app to rip the audio track from the video.
Try this: http://download.geovid.com/video-mp3-extractor.exe
I tried to do this at work just now, but I'm running into a snag.
I can do this tomorrow from the source files on my laptop for you. I'm flattered you asked, man.

Quote from: Queequeg on July 08, 2010, 10:17:03 AM
First you need to download the youtube video. this free software will handle it for you.
Then  you need an app to rip the audio track from the video.
I can do this tomorrow from the source files on my laptop for you. I'm flattered you asked, man.

Thanks, I've wanted a way to do this. I downloaded the first utility from CNet and it offers the option to rip an MP3 once the video is on your computer.

Works fine, I just tried it.

:thumbsup
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Queequeg on July 08, 2010, 10:17:03 AM
Then  you need an app to rip the audio track from the video.

Thanks for the thoughts for my bro. he is sounding good and may go home soon,but will be a long time in recovery and P.T.  He has always been very fit and active (bench presses 310) so I think he will come back strong.
       I'll try the the downloads later, gotta go fix an A/C right now.