Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

:nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar

you can't call THAT work...seriously... :laughin:

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Well, I got FIV yesterday.  Got my new condenser mic and interface on Monday.  A week ago, I got a new Macbook Pro.  I won't be able to get to it until Sunday, but I will post a new YouTube video of my newest instrumental using all my new gear...looking forward to it.

Quote from: Blue in VT on April 22, 2010, 01:25:21 PM
:nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar

you can't call THAT work...seriously... :laughin:

Blue
Yes I can!
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Queequeg on April 22, 2010, 12:40:11 PM
YIPPIE!
Quote from: dependan on April 22, 2010, 01:08:19 PM

Can't wait to hear your review. And of course a pic or two in due time.
I will write one and play a tune  on it & post it too, Danny, dedicated it to you for bringing this thing together for us, man.
But I have company arriving tomorrow after work and through Wednesday so I'm not going to be online or recording for several days. I have a ton of work to do tonight when I get home from the office in preparation for company coming.
(I need a maid.)
(and a shopper.)
(and a plumber.)

Well, Here's #7, just arrived 1 hour ago and I figured everyone would like to see another FIV lefty. Excuse my 2 megapixel camera, a newer camera is definitely in my future. The vintage dyed bone pins look like they were made for this little guy.

I'm surprised at the response in the lower registers that this 00 puts out, very impressive indeed.  The tone of the wood is also very deep and dark and has pretty cool stripes that give it that vintage look.  These pictures simply don't do it justice.
 :nice guitar:

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Canada?

It supposed to be sent to Germany???  What is going on here?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: pehabe on April 22, 2010, 04:17:50 PM
Canada?

It supposed to be sent to Germany???  What is going on here?

exactly the same as I got with my forum III coming to the uk. Do you know who USPS will pass it to in Germany to take over delivery? When mine came to the uk, I tried the same tracking no. With parcelforce and it reappeared at UK customs. I think it is because USPS pass the buck, and their standard tracking reports don't cope.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Here's the MT family: P-05MT, 00-03MT @ Center Stage & L-05 @ right

I cannot find the seam in the back at all but I have 57 year old eyes.
Nice medullary rays on the top, quite pronounced in the upper bout.
Significant striping in the ebony bridge. I know some people don't care for this. I could dye it but I rather like it.
Surprising volume. Very clean, clear sound. Nice bass response and excellent sustain. I let my Larrivee 00-60 go last year & I have missed it, but this makes it a lot easier now.
I am pleased with this setup as is.
Special thanks to John L in Vavcouver, and Jim & Bill , Kathy @ Trinity and of course Danny who made this happen.
OK, I have much work to do now.
Later you all...

Quote from: Frank_S on April 22, 2010, 03:46:06 PM
Well, Here's #7, just arrived 1 hour ago and I figured everyone would like to see another FIV lefty....

Though every single one of the guitars posted so far is a beauty...the lefty makes this one just that much better.  It looks nice without the pick guard - and do I see Colosi bone pins already installed? This looks like my exact setup so I can't wait to see mine tomorrow! :thumbsup
Larrivee OM-03, lefty
Larrivee Forum IV #24, lefty (love it)

Beautiful guitars folks!  Congratulations!  That herringbone rosette with the mahogany top is gorgeous.  Enjoy these beauties -- I sure am, if only from the sidelines.
". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

Good news! Guitar #16 arrived.  I was very excited. :nanadance :nanadance

I opened it up after letting it rest and was greeted by a very beautiful looking guitar.  I was very very happy.    :bgrin: :bgrin:

I picked it up and then the depression set in like a dark cloud.    :crying: :crying:

The bridge on the guitar was coming up on the high side.  The gap was big enough to allow a dime to slide under it.
It's so obvious that every person save one has pointed it out to me.  It seems that I have been having bad luck with new guitars lately.

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: archilady on April 22, 2010, 06:52:43 PM
Though every single one of the guitars posted so far is a beauty...the lefty makes this one just that much better.  It looks nice without the pick guard - and do I see Colosi bone pins already installed? This looks like my exact setup so I can't wait to see mine tomorrow! :thumbsup

Yes archlady, those are Colosi pins, vintage dyed. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts tomorrow.  :smile:
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: Cybercanyon on April 22, 2010, 07:28:23 PM
Good news! Guitar #16 arrived.  I was very excited. :nanadance :nanadance

I opened it up after letting it rest and was greeted by a very beautiful looking guitar.  I was very very happy.    :bgrin: :bgrin:

I picked it up and then the depression set in like a dark cloud.    :crying: :crying:

The bridge on the guitar was coming up on the high side.  The gap was big enough to allow a dime to slide under it.
It's so obvious that every person save one has pointed it out to me.  It seems that I have been having bad luck with new guitars lately.

Mike

Sorry to hear that about your new guitar. Talk to Jim; he and Larrivee will obviously make it right under warranty.

When I'd had my OM-05 for around 3 years (I think) the bridge started lifting from the back side. Was fixed by a local luthier under warranty, and I've never had a problem since, and the tone is to die for.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Well #14 is a rocket, I can't believe how good it sounds right out of the case. Mine is stock, no alterations yet and the tone intonation and volume are wonderful.
I'll swap out the saddle and nut eventually and maybe the tuners, but man, this is a great guitar. My first guitar was a Martin 00-18 that I played to death and finally traded in on my first  Larrivee (a C28) back in 1982. I always kinda regretted letting that sweet little Martin go, as much as I've loved my Larrivee for the last  28 years. Well, no regrets now, this new mahogany OO is a dream... Big shout out of thanks to Jim Holler, Danny and the good folks at Larrivee, much appreciated!   Cheers, Brian

Number #26 has landed and is getting to know it's big bro L-03, Sweet.  :smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]
L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)

Lovely streaking on that bridge Queequeg!!! 

I played mine for about an hour and a half last night...I could have stayed up all night with it though.  I am really impressed.  These were a steal!

Quote from: Denis on April 23, 2010, 05:23:31 AM
Lovely streaking on that bridge Queequeg!!!  

I played mine for about an hour and a half last night...I could have stayed up all night with it though.  I am really impressed.  These were a steal!
You know, the fingerboard has no streaking so I suspect it has been stained. I believe that most ebony these days looks more like this bridge than the fretboard.
I too, played for about an hour or so this morning before I came into the office. My left hand smells of linseed oil, so it has been treated very recently. I have a bottle of ColorTone Fretboard Finishing Oil which would darken the bridge if I ever decide to do this. I think these white plastic pins will have to go, though.
I honestly wasn't prepared for the clarity and articulation in tone. (Perhaps my other guitars all need a fresh set of strings.) :laughin: