Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Septober weather in Michigan! It's a very nice time of year.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Sept weather in fla sucks,wet,humid,dreary and bad for old people with body ache.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

October in NC is when it finally dips below a high of 80 for the first time.  Time for some brisket, pulled pork and ribs!
"Love your body Larry" Fletch

North Fla still in the mid 80"s.Just hope to open my windows soon.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Here's another post to keep things moving along.  :beer :guitar
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Oh thank the Lord! It's alive! :laughin:

Whew, I had my fears for this thread.  Thank you for the resurrection of the thread about nothing.  Seinfeld would approve.

Sorry for not doing my charge lately.Just got nothing to say right now.Working on 2-3 guitars a week,no gigs for me.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I believe this is the appropriate thread to wish y'all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Important in the midst of the current "mess we're in" to also be thankful for the bounty and blessings we still do have.

Our daughter and her family (hubby plus three little kiddos) arrived this evening; our two sons (and one girlfriend) will arrive tomorrow for the big turkey day. (Oldest daughter and her family have been unable to visit us from Japan for over two years now because of this Covid nonsense... ugh! This is hard on families living long distance!)

Gonna be cold here tomorrow (high in the mid-20's plus high winds), so it looks like we may put off going to the gun range till Friday... But between the four of us guys, we have several new pistols and rifles/shotguns to shoot (plus one bow)...

Gobble, gobble!

:tongue:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Happy Thanksgiving Mike and all my American friends. Having been forced to bow to authorities in order to cross the border, I hope to see my wife (and dogs) for the first time in six months in early December. Yes, this has been extremely hard for those separated by any border. Well, maybe not any border.   :whistling:

Happy Thanksgiving to Americans, of course, but to everyone who has it in them to celebrate gratitude today.  We are going to my in-laws for probably the final holiday with my mother in law.  I do feel lucky to be part of this extended family.

Tom, I hope you get to see your wife and dogs without any obstacle soon.  I wish you a sweet reunion.

Cathi

Quote from: ryler on November 25, 2021, 09:49:12 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to Americans, of course, but to everyone who has it in them to celebrate gratitude today.  We are going to my in-laws for probably the final holiday with my mother in law.  I do feel lucky to be part of this extended family.

Tom, I hope you get to see your wife and dogs without any obstacle soon.  I wish you a sweet reunion.

Cathi

Thanks Cathi. It's been extremely hard on both of us. Hopefully, the State Dept. will catch up and I can get my immigration status figured out before another six months have passed. Have a good one.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Although I'm in waterlogged British Columbia, I'm about 15 miles from any serious flooding. Even though it is pouring rain and we're expecting more, I'm about 250 feet above sea level. I'll be fine as long as there are no serious winds (which would fell trees across the street). Eighteen months ago there was a serious windstorm and I ended up with no power and cut off, stuck with huge trees lying across my street on both sides of the house.

We have light rationing on fuel (maximum 8 gallons at a time at the pumps). I'm okay there too. I have a near-full gas tank. At my normal (of late) rate, that will last me more than a month.

This is unreal! It's December 3rd, and we don't have any snow on the ground in southern Minnesota! This is a first in the six years I've lived here so far!  :thumbsup

I'm not complaining, just expressing my amazement.

(There is a chance of snow on Sunday...).

:donut2 :coffee

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 03, 2021, 02:50:43 PM
This is unreal! It's December 3rd, and we don't have any snow on the ground in southern Minnesota! This is a first in the six years I've lived here so far!  :thumbsup

I'm not complaining, just expressing my amazement.

(There is a chance of snow on Sunday...).

:donut2 :coffee

If it makes you feel any better, here in NW Ontario there's only about a mm. That's Canadian for ... a smidgen.

Well, it finally happened today - we got a little snow - under an inch!

Friday we may get a bit more 4" - 8" according to some forecasts...
  :wacko:

Good day to stay inside, stay warm, drink coffee and play guitar...

:smile:

Any day is a good day to stay in drink coffee and play guitar. :wave :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Can't disagree with you there, Rob! That's why I'm counting the months till retirement! Can't get here soon enough - for a number of reasons!  :roll

AND... missed it by THAT much...

Yesterday was the 80th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor. How did we let that one go by without a mention? After "The Great War" I don't think the U.S. thought it could get drawn back into global politics/conflict... but here you go; our entrance into WW II - and decades of war/conflict around the globe.

Dwight Eisenhower was right when he warned us about the "Military Industrial Complex"...

(I started to write more, but didn't want to move this into the danger zone, so I'll leave it at that...)

Another big anniversary many of us missed: This past Thanksgiving was actually the 400th Anniversary of that celebration as well. Once again getting historic amnesia...

One tidbit: 400 years ago I don't think they had any turkey... maybe some fish and lobster?   :smile:

Hey, not to change the subject, but there's a cake on my profile today and you guys can have a piece of it :laughin:  Mikeymac, you'll be glad when you retire for sure.  I've been a year the December 31st and don't miss the shift work at all...
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos