Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

:thumb Going OK doing a couple of guitars a week,played my first gig did alright.Doc yelling at me because I want to keep all my original parts but other then that.Making burgers for poppa day.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Pretty quiet around here. I would hate to see this forum fade into oblivion. As the first person I know who talked about Larrivee guitars on the internet, I better do my part. Hello all. Happy Father's Day. How you all doing? Still picking?  

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 20, 2021, 04:51:08 PM
Pretty quiet around here. I would hate to see this forum fade into oblivion. As the first person I know who talked about Larrivee guitars on the internet, I better do my part. Hello all. Happy Father's Day. How you all doing? Still picking?  
Welcome back.  You've been missed 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote from: Strings4Him on June 20, 2021, 06:25:33 PM
Welcome back.  You've been missed 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Still crazy after all these months.  :bgrin:

Quote from: Queequeg on June 20, 2021, 08:35:07 PM
Welcome home, Duck!
:beer

This place goes all to hell without me, apparently.  :winkin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 20, 2021, 09:00:11 PM
This place goes all to hell without me, apparently.  :winkin:
Don't act so surprised.
:humour:

:nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance

:wave :welcome:Back Tom.....Missed your smiling face..... :cheers  :wink:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 20, 2021, 04:51:08 PM

Welcome back
Your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back
To that same old place that you laughed about
Well, the names have all changed
Since you hung around
But those dreams have remained
And they've turned around
Who'd have thought they'd lead you
(Who'd have thought they'd lead you)
Back here where we need you?
(Back here where we need you?)
Yeah, we tease him a lot
'Cause we got him on the spot
Welcome back

Hope all is well and staying healthy!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

And lookee here. Still not a "thread ender"!

Ditto what others have said, Tom - welcome back. It's been different around here w/o you; glad you decided to rejoin the fray.  :thumbsup

:coffee :donut
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 21, 2021, 12:40:54 PM
Ditto what others have said, Tom - welcome back. It's been different around here w/o you; glad you decided to rejoin the fray.  :thumbsup

:coffee :donut

Thanks. What have I missed other than another Forum guitar? I'm holding out for an ES 330/335 type model. Maybe I'll win a lottery.  :beer

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 21, 2021, 12:52:00 PM
Thanks. What have I missed other than another Forum guitar? I'm holding out for an ES 330/335 type model. Maybe I'll win a lottery.  :beer

It's been pretty quiet around here overall (unclrob isn't holding up his end of the chat...  :whistling: )

Meanwhile - a 330/335 style Larrivee would be very cool. My fear is that it would approach $5K in list price...

Hey now,I try but sometimes when I'm here I'm the only one!!!!!!

Plus not much to say these days about guitars can't afford them.Other bills to pay.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on June 21, 2021, 10:17:00 PM
Hey now,I try but sometimes when I'm here I'm the only one!!!!!!

Plus not much to say these days about guitars can't afford them.Other bills to pay.

I'd tell you my crazy story but it's rather unbelievable and still very mundane in the grand scheme of things. Let's just say I've come to despise all things involving and regarding bureaucracy in general and in particular and on both sides of the 49th. Bills to pay? You can say that again.  :beer

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 21, 2021, 10:59:58 PM
I'd tell you my crazy story but it's rather unbelievable and still very mundane in the grand scheme of things. Let's just say I've come to despise all things involving and regarding bureaucracy in general and in particular and on both sides of the 49th. Bills to pay? You can say that again.  :beer

I'm sure I can't even imagine. The whole world is going crazy, and Canada and the US seem to want to lead the pack! But I won't go there, for fear of getting posts deleted - and we wouldn't want to endanger the never-ending thread!!!

Hope things settle down for you - but again - in light of what's happening in the world, "Who knows...who knows anything?" (To quote Archimedes the owl in Disney's "The Sword in the Stone".)

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 22, 2021, 09:20:14 AM
I'm sure I can't even imagine. The whole world is going crazy, and Canada and the US seem to want to lead the pack! But I won't go there, for fear of getting posts deleted - and we wouldn't want to endanger the never-ending thread!!!

Hope things settle down for you - but again - in light of what's happening in the world, "Who knows...who knows anything?" (To quote Archimedes the owl in Disney's "The Sword in the Stone".)

You mean I might be a thread ender after all? I'll only say that I have apparently picked the absolute worst time in history to need to cross the US/Canada border. My wife is in Wisconsin and I am back in Canada after spending the winter there. The crossing back and forth was a ridiculous process.
The bureaucracy in both countries is insane. I was >< this close to getting my green card a year and half ago and am now, basically, closer to where I started.  :crying: 

You made the mistake of choosing the wrong border to cross...next time use the southern border...  :roll

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 22, 2021, 12:13:03 PM
You made the mistake of choosing the wrong border to cross...next time use the southern border...  :roll

That's what everyone says. The difference being whether you ever want to re-cross, apparently. They only enforce the law against those who obey it. Due to suspension of green cards by the bad orange man (although that has been lifted) many of my documents and requirements, in the meantime,  have expired. I just got my third criminal background check yesterday and am going to Toronto next week for my second medical. (Medicals for US immigration cannot be done by personal physician and are only available in five places in Canada and are not covered by our "free" healthcare). I also have to reapply for my immigration visa @$325 USD. Two steps forward, one step back.  :mad:

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 22, 2021, 12:48:01 PM
That's what everyone says. The difference being whether you ever want to re-cross, apparently. They only enforce the law against those who obey it. Due to suspension of green cards by the bad orange man (although that has been lifted) many of my documents and requirements, in the meantime,  have expired. I just got my third criminal background check yesterday and am going to Toronto next week for my second medical. (Medicals for US immigration cannot be done by personal physician and are only available in five places in Canada and are not covered by our "free" healthcare). I also have to reapply for my immigration visa @$325 USD. Two steps forward, one step back.  :mad:

Well - they have to be careful about who they let in the country. You might end up being a law-abiding, tax-paying, productive member of society. It you're too self-reliant, you won't need them or their handouts... and if you ever DID become a citizen, you might not vote the right way.

(I suppose I crossed a line there...)