Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on May 04, 2011, 10:18:40 AM
     I have a pretty good pile of "firewood" now. Hoping someday to finish what I've started though.

btw  Randy's comment on you being banned for 30 days, seemed to be his  :humour: to me. At least I smiled and thought that was what he meant by it.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me one way or the other. If I was banned, I'd have 20 or more hours this month freed up to do other stuff. This danged internet is a rabbit hole and time suck of the first order!! I hope to get to meet Randy, in October,  down in Georgia, at a gathering sponsered by another Forum. Hopefully, music will be the order of that week-end and not too much politics and religion...

Yeah, I was looking at this thread a few days ago when it was on the third page, nobody had replied in many, many days...I thought, Let it die, it had it's time, move on....I guess I was wrong

Quote from: Denis on May 04, 2011, 01:37:09 PM
Yeah, I was looking at this thread a few days ago when it was on the third page, nobody had replied in many, many days...I thought, Let it die, it had it's time, move on....I guess I was wrong

It shall never end....thus spoke Zarathustra

Quote from: GA-ME on May 04, 2011, 01:22:31 PM
Doesn't make much of a difference to me one way or the other. If I was banned, I'd have 20 or more hours this month freed up to do other stuff. This danged internet is a rabbit hole and time suck of the first order!! I hope to get to meet Randy, in October,  down in Georgia, at a gathering sponsered by another Forum. Hopefully, music will be the order of that week-end and not too much politics and religion...
Sounds like a cool deal.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Randy after his bike accident so no guitar playing but a real gentleman. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on May 04, 2011, 02:56:30 PM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Randy after is bike accident so no guitar playing but a real gentleman. :wave
When did this happen? I've had many a bike lay downs and know what it means to have an angel or two protecting me from more serious damage.

Had to be a couple of years back.He was still dealing with his arm problems.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on May 04, 2011, 09:13:49 PM
Had to be a couple of years back.He was still dealing with his arm problems.
Man that's hard to hear. I have so many hand, arm, shoulder and general old age comeupance troubles. I hardly play any more myself.

but I ain't givin up :donut

Am I understanding correctly, Danny, that you hardly ever play...guitar?  That's gotta be tough.  Any surgeries in your future to get you back in playing shape?

Quote from: ryler on May 05, 2011, 01:03:32 PM
Am I understanding correctly, Danny, that you hardly ever play...guitar?  That's gotta be tough.  Any surgeries in your future to get you back in playing shape?
If I had all the surgeries people tell me I need. I would be bandaged from head to foot. I just try to let time heal things.
   Recently I had to start working hard full time again. That requires a lot of hand tool labor which causes many problems in my joints. So my fingers etc. lose dexterity and become painful to the extent that even playing a guitar is not very easy. I hope to cut back on work soon though and give my hands time to heal up.

Danny get a hot wax machine for your hands.Place them in for 10 min. and you'll be amazed how great your hands will feel.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on May 05, 2011, 10:30:10 PM
Danny get a hot wax machine for your hands.Place them in for 10 min. and you'll be amazed how great your hands will feel.

I did that this year in PT for my hand and wrist. Really helped.
Steve ....aka the SMan

Do they work for feet? Ahhhh
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Yes they do.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

OK, where do you get one?

Quote from: dependan on May 06, 2011, 08:12:19 AM
  OK, where do you get one?

Anywhere even the Walmart such as THIS ONE your wife likely is aware of them
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Dan, you could also give contrast baths a try. Just remember to wear a latex glove on your fretting hand or your callouses will fall off. Trust me, they will! I have lots of problems with my hands because of 20 years of working in the trades with hand tools, so I know where you are coming from. Since my spinal cord injury, I have played guitar several hours a day and my fretting hand, especially my left index finger, flares up and gets quite painful.  I find the baths help when I get stupid and continuously work on one phrase or song hour after hour. It is free to try, so it can't hurt to give it a whirl.....

Contrast Baths

1. Alternating between warm and cold water has been found to be helpful for decreasing symptoms often seen with overuse syndrome.
2. Heat increases circulation and the ability of tissue to stretch making it easier for the nerves and tendons to glide.  
3. Cold helps decrease pain.  
SET UP:  This works well at a double kitchen sink.  You can also use the sink and one pan on the counter.
                Fill one sink with warm water.  (105º-110º)
                Fill the other with cold water.    (59º-68º)

1.  Soak your hand in the warm water for 10 minutes.
2.  Place your hand in the cold water for 1 minute.
3.  Return to warm water for 4 minutes.
4.  Return to cold water for 1 minute.
5.  End with at least 4 minutes of warm water.

A minimum of twice per day is recommended, but 3-5 times a day is optimal.

:+1: to GA-ME post. Physio-therapist have been recommending this idea for a couple years now with a high success rate for various injuries
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 06, 2011, 08:48:26 AM
Anywhere even the Walmart such as THIS ONE your wife likely is aware of them
I'll try and buy one today.
Quote from: GA-ME on May 06, 2011, 08:51:36 AM
Dan, you could also give contrast baths a try. Just remember to wear a latex glove on your fretting hand or your callouses will fall off. Trust me, they will! I have lots of problems with my hands because of 20 years of working in the trades with hand tools, so I know where you are coming from. Since my spinal cord injury, I have played guitar several hours a day and my fretting hand, especially my left index finger, flares up and gets quite painful.  I find the baths help when I get stupid and continuously work on one phrase or song hour after hour. It is free to try, so it can't hurt to give it a whirl.....

Contrast Baths

1. Alternating between warm and cold water has been found to be helpful for decreasing symptoms often seen with overuse syndrome.
2. Heat increases circulation and the ability of tissue to stretch making it easier for the nerves and tendons to glide.  
3. Cold helps decrease pain.  
SET UP:  This works well at a double kitchen sink.  You can also use the sink and one pan on the counter.
                Fill one sink with warm water.  (105º-110º)
                Fill the other with cold water.    (59º-68º)

1.  Soak your hand in the warm water for 10 minutes.
2.  Place your hand in the cold water for 1 minute.
3.  Return to warm water for 4 minutes.
4.  Return to cold water for 1 minute.
5.  End with at least 4 minutes of warm water.

A minimum of twice per day is recommended, but 3-5 times a day is optimal.

Very detailed. Jon you nailed my situation as well. Fretting hand, first finger is the most painful right now.

Thanks to everyone for the tips. :donut :donut2
    I tell you what, folks that don't read this thread miss some excellent information.

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 06, 2011, 08:56:02 AM
:+1: to GA-ME post. Physio-therapist have been recommending this idea for a couple years now with a high success rate for various injuries

It is one of the benefits of having a wife who holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. She picks up treatments from different continuing ed symposiums as well as from other disciplines such as the Occupational Therapists she works with.