Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 04, 2010, 04:35:05 PM
You sure were sweet to yourself. Sooooo what occasion you gonna use for the P90 now that you see just how fine this instrument is?? Enjoy your day.  :thumb

The excuse for the P-90 version is going to be that I've sold 2 amps and 3 guitars so far this year...cutting the arsenal back!  And I've got another amp or two that could easily go, and 3-5 more guitars to sell (one may be sold in the next week or two ... we'll see).

So...by downsizing, I can use the excuse (with the boss lady!) of "quality" versus "quantity".   :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Johnny M on January 13, 2010, 08:29:16 AM
almost a week without a post in here ... I think the thread is starting to gasp ...

Its just taking a breather after too much Turkey and Pudding....
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on January 16, 2010, 10:20:05 PM

Its just taking a breather after too much Turkey and Pudding....
PUDDING!   Did someone say pudding?    Tapioca pudding?  :arrow

Quote from: dependan on January 16, 2010, 10:26:50 PM
                    PUDDING!   Did someone say pudding?    Tapioca pudding?  :arrow

We may have to change the title of this thread to "Are you a Tapioca pudding eater?"

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on January 17, 2010, 03:26:56 AM
We may have to change the title of this thread to "Are you a Tapioca pudding eater?"

No. No way. Never. Ick!  :wacko:

Man I was thinking today that my 00-03MT should have been here in about a month. But now it will be two more at least.
                 I feel like Eeyore sometimes. Always a raincloud ready to rain on my parade.

Then again, I know it's better to view the good of the whole scheme of things...blah, blah, blah.

I just want my 00-MT  :guitar

Quote from: dependan on January 18, 2010, 10:02:19 PM
 Man I was thinking today that my 00-03MT should have been here in about a month. But now it will be two more at least.
                 I feel like Eeyore sometimes. Always a raincloud ready to rain on my parade.

Then again, I know it's better to view the good of the whole scheme of things...blah, blah, blah.

I just want my 00-MT  :guitar

Just keep reminding yourself how special this guitar will be. I keep thinking of details, like herringbone rosette, and the inlay down the middle of the backside - now THAT'S RARE and SPECIAL on a Larrivee...  :thumb

Quote from: GA-ME on January 19, 2010, 08:56:19 AM
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :drool:

Hey GA-ME,
I know you are a true advocate for buying a great guitar and using it without fear of wear and tear, as your lovely 000-60 shows. I was wondering what a guy who doesnt seem to get G.A.S. would actually drool over? Anything on your want list mate?

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

I've never been able to do that.  Owned a few really expensive (for me) guitars.  Just would get cold feet taking them to jam sessions or camping at festivals. 

"for me" means guitars that cost between 2k and 2.5k.  Have lusted in my heart after some stuff up to 4k, but know it would never leave the house.  Just can't justify that.
Eric P.
------------------------
Larrivee L-01
Lind 00-21S
'30s Biltmore
a few others

Big Eric,

I know the feeling, I used to be that way, but now it seems as if when I get a new git, I am accident prone. Something always happens. A scratch, dent, something, so I've adapted and just play em and consider the accidents part of my trademark. I find that I really love my gits and the small incidences add memories. Maybe this is just my way to make a positive out of a negative...

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

get em pre dinged and theres nothing to worry about.

Not one ding or scratch on Forum III number 1 yet and a dozen people have played it in many states and Canada.

I am thinking of glossing it to a ''high gloss'' soon. :+1: :+1:           

If I dig far enough back,  I thought glossing your F-III was at the top of your list even before delivery  ??
:humour:
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: Daysailer on January 20, 2010, 11:41:48 PM
If I dig far enough back,  I thought glossing your F-III was at the top of your list even before delivery  ??
:humour:
I have LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG lists.

Quote from: obe-wan on January 20, 2010, 03:49:53 PM
Hey GA-ME,
I know you are a true advocate for buying a great guitar and using it without fear of wear and tear, as your lovely 000-60 shows. I was wondering what a guy who doesnt seem to get G.A.S. would actually drool over? Anything on your want list mate?

Cheers, Scott.

Hey Scott, you mis-understand mate! GAS gets me just like anyone else. There is a Martin 000-18 GE 1937 that really wants to be in me home, but I just can't seem to spring and buy it. There is also a Braz/Adi SCGC OM that might be for sale, from a freind of mine, that just might get me to crack the wallet since it already has several repaired cracks and the price being tossed about takes the condition into account very well. I just don't buy guitars very often. Prior to the 000-60, I hadn't bought a guitar for more than a decade. Quite frankly, I need to get better than I am before really seriously considering buying something else. The 000-60, even with its weaknesses, is still a better guitar than I am guitarist.

Quote from: GA-ME on January 20, 2010, 11:52:42 PM
Hey Scott, you mis-understand mate! GAS gets me just like anyone else. There is a Martin 000-18 GE 1937 that really wants to be in me home, but I just can't seem to spring and buy it. There is also a Braz/Adi SCGC OM that might be for sale, from a freind of mine, that just might get me to crack the wallet since it already has several repaired cracks and the price being tossed about takes the condition into account very well. I just don't buy guitars very often. Prior to the 000-60, I hadn't bought a guitar for more than a decade. Quite frankly, I need to get better than I am before really seriously considering buying something else. The 000-60, even with its weaknesses, is still a better guitar than I am guitarist.
That is flat out FALSE humility. I've heard you and know better.

Quote from: GA-ME on January 20, 2010, 11:52:42 PM
There is a Martin 000-18 GE 1937 that really wants to be in me home..........There is also a Braz/Adi SCGC OM that might be for sale........

GA-ME, you seem to have similar tastes to me. These, along with Larrivee 000's are things I constantly keep an eye out for. I purposely dont go to the SCGC site too often, that site is very bad for G.A.S.  :crying:
No matter, my Martin OM-21 is all I will probably ever need, and I'll certainly never outplay it !

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: dependan on January 20, 2010, 11:23:39 PM

I am thinking of glossing it to a ''high gloss'' soon. :+1: :+1:           

Ohh, I'd like to see that Danny!!!!

I've been toying with the idea of glossing mine as well.  Not high gloss but that sort of sheen it gets with a little elbow grease. 

Mine is still 100% stock...Tusq saddle and nut, no set up done as of yet... :crying:  It's my only guitar right now so I'm waiting for the FIV to arrive so I have something to play while the FIII will be in the shop...

Quote from: obe-wan on January 21, 2010, 06:42:24 AM
GA-ME, you seem to have similar tastes to me. These, along with Larrivee 000's are things I constantly keep an eye out for. I purposely dont go to the SCGC site too often, that site is very bad for G.A.S.  :crying:
No matter, my Martin OM-21 is all I will probably ever need, and I'll certainly never outplay it !

Cheers, Scott.

That reminds me - played a SC 000 1929 model last week.  Nice, nice, nice.  Probably more of a fingerpicker guitar.  Although got a decent tone out of it with a pick, too.  (It's another reason am trying to learn to fingerpick some.)  Thought I had gotten over the Santa Cruz "sound".  That guitar could easily pull me back in. 

Luckily my other guitars had an intervention with me and stopped anything foolish from happening.
Eric P.
------------------------
Larrivee L-01
Lind 00-21S
'30s Biltmore
a few others