Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Danny!

Happy Birthday my distant Texan friend ! It's been a joyous ride getting to know you on the forum mate, I hope one day to shake your hand. Hope you have (had) a wonderful day surrounded by your loved ones. Cheers to you.  :beer

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

it`s turning into a birthday thread...I`m in.
It`s not by accident that the Japanese at their shrimps with the shell on, like I said it`s for the calcium. I know theres plenty the Japanese find odd about us to...I mean they are infatuated by all things American...they just don`t want to have to sit next to foreigners on public transportation, they prefer to stand here...literally.

Quote from: sneaky on October 20, 2009, 03:57:25 AM
it`s turning into a birthday thread...I`m in.
It`s not by accident that the Japanese at their shrimps with the shell on, like I said it`s for the calcium. I know theres plenty the Japanese find odd about us to...I mean they are infatuated by all things American...they just don`t want to have to sit next to foreigners on public transportation, they prefer to stand here...literally.

I'm taking a Spanish I course and in the first few days of the class the Professor went around the room asking the different folks what stereotypes of different ethnicities they had heard. He came to a young Japanese woman and asked her what stereotypes the Japanese had of Americans. She became bashful, and it took her quite sometime to answer. When she did answer, she said the stereotype she most often heard from her young lady friends in Japan was that Americans were good looking. Needless to say, she became pretty popular, pretty quickly, even though she is one of those geeky math wiz (Doctoral student Applied Mathmatetics and Physics) Asians!

Quote from: GA-ME on October 21, 2009, 10:28:17 AM
I'm taking a Spanish I course and in the first few days of the class the Professor went around the room asking the different folks what stereotypes of different ethnicities they had heard. He came to a young Japanese woman and asked her what stereotypes the Japanese had of Americans. She became bashful, and it took her quite sometime to answer. When she did answer, she said the stereotype she most often heard from her young lady friends in Japan was that Americans were good looking. Needless to say, she became pretty popular, pretty quickly, even though she is one of those geeky math wiz (Doctoral student Applied Mathmatetics and Physics) Asians!

Is that a typical stereotype of a Japanese person?  :winkin:  I lived in Japan for 8 years and that discription made me  :smile:
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

to the original inquiry...

YEP.........

sometimes...

:beer
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

there are quite a few stereotypes here...they think all caucasians are Americans...I know, pretty bad eh... they think we carry weapons...we think they all know karate. They think we have big...members...OK, speaking strictly for myself, they have a point  :bgrin:   and they judge that by shoe size, so I buy my shoes a few sizes too big I mean, who am I to spoil their dreams eh.

Quote from: sneaky on October 21, 2009, 10:04:00 PM
there are quite a few stereotypes here...they think all caucasians are Americans...I know, pretty bad eh... they think we carry weapons...we think they all know karate. They think we have big...members...OK, speaking strictly for myself, they have a point  :bgrin:   and they judge that by shoe size, so I buy my shoes a few sizes too big I mean, who am I to spoil their dreams eh.

:roll

Gotta love those size 14 Nike's

Yoroshiku

If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: bearsville0 on October 22, 2009, 12:04:49 AM
Yoroshiku

Hey Bear,

日本語をしゃべりますか

ジョン

well that guy would have a lot of girlfriends in Japan.

Quote from: Johnny M on October 22, 2009, 12:41:45 AM
Hey Bear,

日本語をしゃべりますか

ジョン

Hi John, I speak a fair amount and read a little. I lived there for a couple of years and have many Japanese friends, watch a lot of Japanese movies and eat a lot of Japanese meals. Haven't visited since 2002 and hope to get a chance to visit again. I miss that big Yamaha store in Shibuya.

Quote from: sneaky on October 22, 2009, 03:01:06 AM
well that guy would have a lot of girlfriends in Japan.

...or not. :bgrin: I never thought big feet were particularly sexy, and quite frankly, anatomical compatibility in the genital sizing department, would be a problem for that guy and his partners. Ouch! Pass the lubricant!

:humour:

OK this isn't a path I thought would get traveled!!!!!
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on October 22, 2009, 08:18:05 AM
OK this isn't a path I thought would get traveled!!!!!

How about those Phillies?  :winkin:

Well they are phillies till they are about 3, then we just call em mares.

I've seen some nice 20 year old phillies too. I think I'd better go lay down, been up working all night.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

well, I didn`t say I believed the big feet thing...just passing along what I hear in Japan on that subject.
We have a Yamaha shop locally, a few years ago they were getting ready to renovate so everything was on sale, up to 90% off some items and brother did I take advantage but unfortunately when they reopened the shop was nothing like it was before, far fewer choices in guitars and the pianos took over most of the floor...and they never have used gear so I now just go in to look around hoping to someday find something interesting, like before...but I ain`t holding my breath...for Yamaha I mean, I`m still holding my breath `til this thread ends though.

Don't hold your breath. They say holding your breath makes your feet shrink. I'm inclined believe that feet thing, but we need hard data (no pun intended) if we're going to disprove it.

I got my hands over my ears too so I can`t hear you.

:tongue:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.