Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mmmmmmm, cold pizza.... 

What are you eating right now (or last meal)?

John
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

This is a pretty funny thread.  As a newbie, I've got to get in on this and be a part of Forum history.  Perhaps, the the Thread Slayer will prove to have started the grand-daddy of threads

larkin   
Simon & Patricks
Taylor's
Guilds
Washburn
2007 Larrivee D-60 Custom Brazilian Rosewood
2007 Larrivee L-09 Sam Ash 40th Anniversary
2013 Larrivee L-09

My last meal was Sunday after my gig had a grilled fish sandwhich,the fish was bad I haven't really had any food since then.Maybe latter today.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 06, 2009, 08:09:09 AM
Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me. 

That's like the punch line to the joke that ends  "...and my wife called out from the kitchen and said 'Billy Bob, is that you?' "

If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: Johnny M on October 06, 2009, 09:21:14 AM
Mmmmmmm, cold pizza.... 

What are you eating right now (or last meal)?

John
Just had a home made cheeseburger and a fresh cup of  :coffee

Quote from: unclrob on October 06, 2009, 10:32:48 AM
My last meal was Sunday after my gig had a grilled fish sandwhich,the fish was bad I haven't really had any food since then.Maybe latter today.
Do I have this picture right? The joint has greasy food sittin out all afternoon. You don't want to touch it til after the gig because your fingers will be pure saturated fat.
But after the gig the owners are sayin, come on Rob there's still a little food left, you've just got to have some. So having a serious case of the munchies, you cave and pick whats left out of the corners of the bowls like a vulture scaping the last bit of meat off a carcus. already knowing that this is a mistake. You make a sandwich that has a torn bun on bottom and stale crackers on the top.Ten minutes later you prove the mistake idea by nearly spewing while quickly trying to get your gear packed and get home ASAP.  No? Ok I've never done that either.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on October 06, 2009, 09:35:37 PM
Do I have this picture right? The joint has greasy food sittin out all afternoon. You don't want to touch it til after the gig because your fingers will be pure saturated fat.
But after the gig the owners are sayin, come on Rob there's still a little food left, you've just got to have some. So having a serious case of the munchies, you cave and pick whats left out of the corners of the bowls like a vulture scaping the last bit of meat off a carcus. already knowing that this is a mistake. You make a sandwich that has a torn bun on bottom and stale crackers on the top.Ten minutes later you prove the mistake idea by nearly spewing while quickly trying to get your gear packed and get home ASAP.  No? Ok I've never done that either.

I'd love to see the video of that  :roll :roll :roll

flatlander I wish that was how it was........BUT........its a seafood place right on the river that dumps into the gulf and they get there fish fresh daily from the fish market 2 doors down.

By the way thats the last piece of fresh cooked fish I think I'll ever eat.From now on I'm getting sushi from the grocery store store down the street..........

Johnny sorry no video at least not of me our baass player is leaving and she videoed herself playing leaving the rest of the band out of it.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Snakker du norsk?
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: unclrob on October 06, 2009, 10:12:34 PM
flatlander I wish that was how it was........BUT........its a seafood place right on the river that dumps into the gulf and they get there fish fresh daily from the fish market 2 doors down.

Wow it must of been bad if it leaves you wishin it was leftover Sunday afternoon bar gig food. I spent some time in the panhandle in a previous life and set my record for oysters on the 1/2 shell but luckily they were alright.  One of the sickest I've been though is just getting out in the Ocean (Atlantic) and having the motor give out. Got the anchor set just in time to keep the 23 footer from washing ashore but right on the very edge before the breakers. The details of the hour spent doing violent bobbing before tow got there would probably end the thread and I would win, but I don't think it's time yet.  :winkin:

Well time for a "Tapioca Update"

Yes, I know this must excite most of you to hear of such trivial issues, but there you have it :tongue:

Anyway, I made the first batch the old fashioned way. It takes two days that way, and lots of things must be done just right.  Well I did the first thing wrong, I let the the pearls soak too long in water and some went to starch mush on me. I proceeded with the old fashioned process and ended up with some very mediocre dessert pudding for my efforts. (I ate it all  :ohmy:)
    So then I made the precooked instant stuff. It turned out much better :thumbsup. (I ate it all too)

"Haven't got sick once, probably keep us both alive"

Quote from: dependan on October 07, 2009, 01:11:15 AM

Hows it gonna keep us both alive when you keep eating it all?!

I'm making more tonite, come on over. Besides I got a new to me all hog D-03e :guitar

Quote from: dependan on October 07, 2009, 01:11:15 AM
  Well time for a "Tapioca Update"

Yes, I know this must excite most of you to hear of such trivial issues, but there you have it :tongue:

Anyway, I made the first batch the old fashioned way. It takes two days that way, and lots of things must be done just right.  Well I did the first thing wrong, I let the the pearls soak too long in water and some went to starch mush on me. I proceeded with the old fashioned process and ended up with some very mediocre dessert pudding for my efforts. (I ate it all  :ohmy:)
    So then I made the precooked instant stuff. It turned out much better :thumbsup. (I ate it all too)

I eat tapioca about once a year at best, but that description has me a hankering for some.

John

Good Threadenders all, may I just add...ah....um....er....oh never mind..... Lee. :arrow

Quote from: larkin on October 06, 2009, 09:36:20 AM
Perhaps, the the Thread Slayer will prove to have started the grand-daddy of threads
larkin   

Bwaahhhahahahaha....... :roll :wacko:

Cheers, The Slayer.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

There ARE ways to just about guarentee this thread doesn't end til the forum shuts down.

I did make another batch of vanilla tapioca pudding, it came out great :+1:   Only thing is , I've noticed I'm gaining weight now.

Quote from: flatlander on October 08, 2009, 06:40:42 AM
There ARE ways to just about guarentee this thread doesn't end til the forum shuts down.

Psst... Hey, have you heard the rumor??? No? Flatlander said that the forum is going to be shut down and that donut makers are going on strike.  :winkin:

That would be a tough day if it ever came ...  :crying: