Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gday all,

I recently looked back over some of my previous posts and noticed an aweful lot of threads die an early death after Ive posted on them! Am I that mind numbingly boring that my posts drive the good folk of the Forum away in their droves? Am I to be known as "The Thread Killer"? (Play dramatic music)...

Has anyone had this happen to them? Heres you chance folks, "No Scott, its just you".....hehehehehe.!

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Over hear on the other side of the pond, we like to refer to you as the "thread slayer".  :+1:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Yes! And I've killed a few in dramatic fashion. Most the times however I prefer to think of it as just making one post too many. Like it was dead  already and I just tossed some dead flowers on the grave.
But I'm getting reformed now. :?
I wonder who will kill the thread killing thread? Probably you or me!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

That's Funny, I always thought of myself as a Thread Killer.

Watch, no one else will post to this thread because it's dead
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Quote from: obe-wan on September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM
Gday all,

I recently looked back over some of my previous posts and noticed an aweful lot of threads die an early death after Ive posted on them! Am I that mind numbingly boring that my posts drive the good folk of the Forum away in their droves? Am I to be known as "The Thread Killer"? (Play dramatic music)...

Has anyone had this happen to them? Heres you chance folks, "No Scott, its just you".....hehehehehe.!

Mix in something that's always a sure seller/interest getter with your posts, like a pic of bikini girls running along the beach.

Also free gifts, try that. Troll rudeness works too -- gets people worked up and posting.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Obe-wan the only thing you can do to end you ending thread streek is to order up some thread extender from the Acme company.Just tell the a guy named Wiley sent you.

OR you can just go out dancin. :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

It isn't just you and flatlander, wise obe-wan. I have ended quite a few as well. Most recently the goodbye tribute to Mary Travers.
Maybe its because I don't always stick to the facts and inject memories, emotions, or heaven forbid, opinions..  :laughin:

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

I wonder who will end this thread - any bets?
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Quote from: obe-wan on September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM
Gday all,

Cheers, Scott.

Not quite yet Mr. Buffet.. :bgrin:

Scott
Perhaps once you've spoken there's nothing left to be said ?    That's one way to look at it.    The fact is that all threads, with the exception of "What are you currently reading", will die at some point and somebody has to be the last one to post.
Remember also, you have the power in your little hands to resurrect any thread you choose and bring it back to life with a fresh viewpoint.   :thumb

when i read this post yesterday right after he posted it, i thought it'd be funny if no one replied  :humour:

Old Flames:
Silvercreek T-160
Taylor 214

Scott, you're not alone. Sometimes I think I post on threads that most think all is said & done on, finding no other post after mine. Wondered for a while the same as you, but realized it was one that was left in the dust. You're not a thread-ender. Far from it, as your posts are always good & interesting. Still wondering about you being Larrivee-less, selling your OM-03R as you've mentioned?
   I would love to get an OM-21 as a birthday present, you being lucky enough to do so. Feel blessed & focus on that! Like me, I think you're reading deeper into things than they are. Post on!! :thumb
     J
Larrivvee L-10 Custom
Squier '51                                                                                         
Squier Jagmaster
Squier M-80 set-neck

"In the night he's a star in the milky way, a man of the world by the light of day."                     The Great Deceiver

maybe our esteemed forum leader can add this as a statistic.

:humour:
SD-60 SBT
O-50 TSB
OM-03 Koa
D-09 12 string
Gibson-J50
Gibson Blues King
A gaggle of ukes

I share this distinction with the rest of you who claim the status of Thread Killer.  We can't ALL be thread killers, can we?  Maybe we can...maybe it's a special power bestowed upon us.  Maybe it's a gift.  Killin' me softly with his thread, and all.

I know what Scott's up to...he's not going to post again on this thread for fear that he may kill the tread.  :winkin:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I don't post unless I have something brilliant to say.  At least that's what I thought until I realized I get very little response to my posts.  Now my wife's blank stares don't confuse me like they used to.

Thankfully my posts don't seem to end threads, they just get completely ignored and the discussion carries on regardless :rolleye:

Scott, you are being paranoid mate, your posts are always worth reading.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF