Larrivee Custom Silver Oak 12-Fret LS-03

Started by lmg47, August 23, 2020, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi folks,

I recently acquired one of the Notable Larrivee Custom Light Silver Oak 12-Fret LS-03.  It is No. 3 of 10 and feels like a new guitar that hasn't really been played much (interesting how the tone/sound seems to change from day to day).  Maybe it's "opening up" little by little.  Apparently the person I bought it from played it very little.  Would enjoy hearing from the original owner (who sold it to my seller) about his/her time with this guitar.  Just a curiosity. 

Would also appreciate some string suggestions to try. 

THANKS!

Hello, I almost bought one. Would like to know your opinion of it.

I use ej 24
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

While I've only owned it a few weeks and we're still getting to "know" each other, my early impressions are that it is a very comfortable guitar to play and it has a certain "sweetness" to its tone.  I'm still deciding if the Silver Oak is for me,  as I love rosewood and some mahogany, and by comparison this seems to have a bit more of a "subdued" tone.  This LS seems to lean towards the maple end of the tone spectrum.  Sounds really cool when finger picking.  Being mostly a strummer my sense is that it is very good for light to moderate strumming.  Overall, a very cool, 12-fret guitar that's enjoyable to play.

I also have one of these Notable LS 03 and I think you are spot on with your saying its opening up , and about finger picking . I found that when my silver oak fully opened up The bass got really full with a nice rich thump with more clarity and the entire body of the guitar really vibrates and also found that it could take a heavier strumming .