Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The first batch of Forum III guitars is expected the week of March 16th. Jim Holler is  looking at flights to go out that week.
We are going to offer a Forum III factory tour some day that week  for anyone who wants to attend. 

This thread is to discuss the factory tour and get a list of those who plan to attend.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Well I guess I am in!  Let you know when I find my cheep seats.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Unfortunately, I cannot pull off the trip and guitar at the same time. Damn! Unless I win the lottery of course  :roll In my dreams!  :crying:

In addition to no $, I just realized that is the week I move, so there is absolutely 0 chance I can come.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Awww,  PLEASE can someone send me millions of photos, I don't think I can make it  :humour: it's only about a million miles away.

I hope loads of you get to do this, it will make the guitar even more special.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Can we nail down the specific day-date(s) please?

I guess either Randy or Jim can book an appointment for the tour of the Vancouver Factory?

The earlier we know this, the better --- for people to book time off work/business/family.

It's also good for hunting for good deals in airfare tickets.

Warmly,

ricky --- Ah yeah! Very interested in joining --- please do NOT make it on Holy Week nor Easter weekend as either one brings my chances to ZERO.

Gosh, I wish I still lived in Campbell River...
Jeffrey

Ricky,

Easter is in April this year. Not sure what you mean by Holy Week, so I can't comment on that. In Ontario at least, that week is the March break.

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 04, 2009, 06:00:38 PM
Ricky,

Easter is in April this year. Not sure what you mean by Holy Week, so I can't comment on that. In Ontario at least, that week is the March break.

Okay... I'm safe then.

Holy Week is traditionally the Monday-Saturday before Easter Sunday.

Thanks,

ricky

May I make a suggestion that we do it on either a Friday or a Monday?  That way we can make it into into a long weekend vs. having to take a day off in the middle of the week or something.  Vancouver is a beautiful city and it makes for a nice 3 day trip.

Anyone else agree?

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Jagadis on February 04, 2009, 07:03:59 PM
May I make a suggestion that we do it on either a Friday or a Monday?  That way we can make it into into a long weekend vs. having to take a day off in the middle of the week or something.  Vancouver is a beautiful city and it makes for a nice 3 day trip.

Anyone else agree?

Jordan.

Good point Jordan.

ricky

Jeff,

You're not too stoked are you?  :roll

Lynda,

Of course... I wish I still lived on Vancouver Island... Vancouver used to be a 2hr drive and 2hr ferry ride away...
But I am just thankful to be a part of this incredible project!

My wife and I are hoping to move back to BC in the near future(within 1-2yr); it depends on how soon we get pregnant.... :)

anyhow.. back on topic... I hope ya'll have a great trip!

Jeffrey

I'm very interested! Firm up the dates, and I'll see what the travel options/costs  are - I think I'd prefer it on a Friday, so we would have the weekend afterward to play, but I'll bow to the group.

Does this mean we have a time schedule on completion and shipping?

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

This is a definative possibility for me :+1: pending the finalization of the dates!

~ Ray ~
Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Martin 0-16NY
Martin 0-18K
Martin 0-17

Two questions......

Can I go even if I didn't order a forum III?

How long does it take to get a passport??

Honest, I was telling my wife just last week "I'd love to tour the Larrivee facility" 
What a great idea!!!!!

Quote from: Larrivee4me on February 04, 2009, 08:55:06 PM
Two questions......

Can I go even if I didn't order a forum III?

How long does it take to get a passport??

Honest, I was telling my wife just last week "I'd love to tour the Larrivee facility" 
What a great idea!!!!!

Don't know where you're located, but look on your government web site. You can usually pay more to get it expedited, but I still think you're looking at at least 3-4 weeks.

I'll add in my request for tons of big pictures. I'm trying to contain my jealousy,  I have bought too much gear lately
Martin 000-28 H Ambertone Custom
Larrivee 00-09 Wildwood Custom
Ovation Classical
Ovation Celbrity
Fender Nylon

Larrivee OMV-03R   SOLD
71 GIbson ES-355   Long gone
68 Gibson  J-45 Gone in the 70's
Fender Starcaster..sold in the seventies
72 Fender Tele Deluxe gone ,

I didn't get on board the fIII train but i do live in Vancouver... would love to meet up with all of you!

party crasher?

;-)

d.

Quote from: dermot on February 04, 2009, 11:15:09 PM
I didn't get on board the fIII train but i do live in Vancouver... would love to meet up with all of you!

party crasher?

used to live there too until 2004 when I moved to Deadmonton.  But when I used to live in Vancouver, I never paid attention to acoustic guitars.  oh well.

it would be neat to meet Forumites who are fortunate enough to live in the same city where our gits are made.

ricky