"Good" Voices That You Hate Regardless.

Started by ducktrapper, November 17, 2006, 11:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Gemnoc on November 29, 2006, 04:43:09 PM
Hey Calvin, don't you dare talk bad about our Célyne! J/K :arrow

She sings very differently in french than in english. In english it sounds like she sings from the nose. :tongue: But in both languages, her tendency to show off what she's able to do is unbearable. She'd be so much better if she learned to refrain from the "voice theatrics". But then there's the repertoire. :rolleyes:

One voice I can't stand: Dave Matthews.

Exactly, that's all it is too her, a performance.  You don't see her anywhere else.  In slang: it's like, did she do like any interviews? EVER?  It's her attitude towards music that sux.  She is a vocalist, genetic luck, not an artist.

Dave Matthew's voice suck (even DMB fans like me admitts that, hahaha)!!! I like his music though.  It's like beer.  First time I had beer, I was like "that it? what's the hype? this stuff is so gross and bitter".  Next thing you know...  :cheers
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

Quote from: the_sound_of_acoustic_soul on November 29, 2006, 07:47:36 PM

but...... IMO...... the most annoying singer alive today in popular music today is vince gill.  whoever signed him in the beginning should be banned from the music business.  he, like mayer, can play the hell out of a guitar, but please....someone hide the mics from him.  i'd rather listen to elephants mate and dogs vomit than hear this guy sing one note.
:arrow

:+1:

Leo Kottke anyone? Hes my hero but he needs to stick to instrumentals. At least he admits that he thinks his own voice sounds like a "flock of geese" overhead. I think thats slightly, yet not overly exaggerated.

Joel

Quote from: joel on November 30, 2006, 01:44:16 PM
Leo Kottke anyone? Hes my hero but he needs to stick to instrumentals. At least he admits that he thinks his own voice sounds like a "flock of geese" overhead. I think thats slightly, yet not overly exaggerated.

Joel

I think Leo refers to his voice as sounding like "goose farts on a foggy day".
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Quote from: Calvin on November 29, 2006, 11:43:35 PM
In slang: it's like, did she do like any interviews? EVER?
Sure, plenty of them. Don't remember the one after Katrina? (that one was embarrassing :UND>)
2005 Larrivée LV-03RE
2003 Larrivée Rosewood Special Edition Parlor
1998 Fender American Std Stratocaster
1991 Vantage VS-5 (beater)

The Coldplay vocalist leaves me cold.
oldWithoutMoney.com

Larrivee L-09 (w/ non-cutout iMix)
Larrivee 00-19
Larrivee OM-0312R

plus a few other treasures

Bob Dylan over the last five years.

It sounds like we're listening to an old gnarly leprachaun and he's p***ed  off about it.
If it sounds good, it is good.

I remember back when Roy Clark, who was an astonishing picker, took to wearing flashy bell-bottoms and one of those huge floppy pimp-hats, and not even playing his guitar any longer...ludicrous!

The most annoying thing to me is when I hear something on the radio that has obviously been absolutely drenching in digital pitch correction...I can hear the damn thing notching...makes me want to hurl.

Some of my picks:

- Michael Bolton
- Enya
- Cher
- Harry Connick Jr.
:guitar

2006 Larrivée L-03
2006 Martin Backpacker

"The best things in life aren't things."

:ph34r:

crustina agulara
anyone who does that modern r&b vibrato like she does.  Can't stand it

"john mayer has some good chops, but his voice is mediocre, at best.  even though he can play, i just cant take him seriously. "

john mayer also looks like he is in a lot of pain while he's playing.... like some of the 'divas' do while they're singing
Larrivee D-50 total sunburst
Larrivee D-03r
Gibson Custom Shop Advance Jumbo Gold
Gibson SG Classic
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull S6+GT
Art&Lutherie 12 String
Epiphone M-20 Mandolin
1960/61 Supro Lap Steel
Squier P-Bass

Quote from: bearsville0 on January 20, 2007, 08:09:45 AM
Bob Dylan over the last five years.

It sounds like we're listening to an old gnarly leprachaun and he's p***ed  off about it.

I don't know that Bob Dylan EVER had what could be considered a "good" voice, though. Just my $0.02.
FIII LS-03 IS/Hog on the way

OM-01 (For Sale soon, anyone interested?)
Republic Guitars Resolian (for slide)
A bunch of harmonicas

Mine

In my mind, I have a good voice.  When I listen to the recording...I hate it.
Larry

<1 or 2 nice ones>

Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Cher, Michael Bolton, & Elton John come to mind.