Intellitouch tuners?

Started by stuco, August 13, 2006, 02:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:ph34r:

I Got mine (i posted this) and am pretty happ with it.  I don't think it should cost $50.  It is not perfect but it seems to do the job. 

i had an intellitouch 1 and it was pretty good, ruggged enough and had a nice case. i've played long enough where i could make it work even if it wasn't perfect, just like every other electronic tuner i've had. when i got the imt-500 i sold the intellitouch because i didn't use it any more. the imt is more accurate, faster and more convenient IMO. you can swivel it around 360 degrees and tilt it backwards also. the backlight is very bright, and i love the needle. i've heard it said it's too fragile and doesn't have a case. i can live with both of those, haven't had any problems in a year.  most clip ons are plastic, just take care of it.they now have an imt-900. i don't know what that does, maybe changes your strings!

the key is using harmonics with these tuners. that 6th E  string will fire right up with the harmonic. the dropped D works o.k. too that way.

I don't like the Intellitouch tuners.  I prefer a needle display.
Rob

Bourgeois Vintage OM
Larrivee D-05 MT

I've used an Intellitouch PT2 for at about four years and haven't found anything else I like better.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

I've used the Intellitouch PT2 for two years with good success on my guitars.  It cost $50 because its USA made, not China.

But, my son had limited success with it on his 15-string lute.  So we took the lute to some guitar shops and he settled on a Korg AW-1 (China) for about $60.

Play it daily for best results.