Tacoma Ekk19 Koa

Started by TonyTheTiger, April 09, 2004, 04:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hey guys...

i just saw a beautiful tacoma ekk19 koa model online...my first time seeing this guitar..
has anyone played this guitar?
how does it sound? how does and all koa guitar sound in general?

Hi Tony--I am not sure about this one. I have a Tacoma Parlor that is Koa with a spruce top. I love it. Perfect size and Tacomas kind of remind me of Larrivees. I only have trouble with Koa when it comes time to explain the sound to someone. I don't personally think it sounds like "a cross between mahogany and rosewood!" It's got its own sound.
I have also played the E series guitar, but not Koa. I would advise you to jump over to the Tacoma forum or e-mail/ call Tacoma. Usually, real people will answer the Tacoma phone and they usually transfer you to someone who has experience actually building guitars.
These are very under-rated guitars. I don't know why. The workmanship is great for a company that is the 3rd or 4th largest manufacturer.
--Fred

If you haven't played a koa-topped guitar, you simply must before you buy.  Their mellow sound is greatly appreciated by some but somewhat shocking to others.  Test one with your ears.

E. Shoaf

My koa topped OM sounds beautiful. crisp, good range, good tones.

As Johnny B Goode would say.. just like a ringin old bell..
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

If it's the one I think it is I got to try one out a few months back and it was very impresive nice sound felt comfortable too.It also had a nice sound pluged in as well. :D  

No electronics in the one I bought. See the WWW link below for a pic.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Nice pics Randy   B)  :D  

:D I have had my Ekk19C for about 4 months now. It is a great giutar. It looks, sounds and plays really nice. Everywhere I take it, it just gets asked to be played by everyone else. You have to just love a guitar that has not just book matched tops and backs, but that the tops and backs are matched to each other is very cool. The E6 pickup system is pretty good also. I'd strongly recommend it, and the for price, it's a very good deal.  
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple