Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resonable price for Santa Cruz?  (Read 753 times)
blueboy

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »

Hi,

I am currently looking at a 8 year old OM model santa cruz with spruce top and rosewood back and sides. It has a about a 2 inch crack in the side (which the seller is getting professionally repared) and a few other nicks here and there. There are no upgrades as far as I know. The seller is the second owner of the guitar. He is asking 2500 obo. Is this a resonable price range? Over priced? Under? Any imput would be greatly appriated.

Thanks,
John
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:56:42 AM »

John, have you tried the Santa Cruz Forum? I know that there is a Larrivee player "Little Brother" who has been very helpful to me on that forum.
Also, you might just call Santa Cruz and ask for one of the people iin the shop. When I was debating about buying my OM/PW I called Santa Cruz expecting to get a sales/customer service rep. But, I forgot it was a small company and ended up talking to Richard Hoover himself!
Good luck,
Fred
blueboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:29:24 PM »

No, I haven't checked out the santa cruz foroum but I will, thanks.
Philphool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:30:28 PM »

Last summer I bought an 8 year old  NOS Model H Santa Cruz (rosewood & spruce) with the lifetime warranty for about that price.   Unless the guitar is totally repaired and sounds great, I would consider this slightly overpriced.

Phil
jimmyd
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:52:47 PM »

They sell new for a tad over $3000. I'd check the forums and ebay for some price comparisons. You might be able to find one in mint condition for that price. I passed on an OM sitka/rosewood that had a lot of dings and road wear for $2000.00 from a dealer. From an individual I'd expect a unit in that condition to go for a few hundred less.
dhill

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 12:24:34 AM »

Definately check the santacruzplayersforum.com site. OMs come up regularly in the classified section, in the price range you quoted I think you can do better. I have a recent OMM that is spec'd the same as the rosewood model, only in mahogany. I love the guitar, and play it now almost exclusively. I had the good fortune of being able to pick it out personally at the factory earlier this year. Richard, Dan, and the whole crew out there are outstanding people, making outstanding instruments. The OM is extremely versatile, imo you can't go wrong with any of their guitars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: