John Standefer Praise Guitar Workshop

Started by mjvincent, April 10, 2004, 11:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just completed John's workshop today... Man talk about learning alot in such a short period of time...  Two days of training and having fun...  John really put on a good seminar and finally made a light click on regarding music theory!  And tomorrow night he is having a concert at my church.  I highly recommend booking him for a workshop in your area!  And it doesn't cost you anything (just your time), the workshop is only $79.00 too.  If interested check out his workshop at www.praiseguitar.com and I know you won't be disappointed.  Oh by, the way, John play's a LV-10 that he won at the fingerstyle championship in Winfield Kansas in 2002.  Unfortunately he didn't bring the LV-10 with him on this trip (he brought a Jumbo Gretsch)...

Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights

Wow... There were two posts here yesterday and now they are gone...
Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights

Did your church pay to bring him in ? I would love to have him come locally.
   I saw him compete when he won the Fingerstyle contest in Winfield. One of his fingernails broke while he was playing either his first or second song. It was amazing to watch him continue and keep his composure.
play4Him

( @ )===:::

QuoteDid your church pay to bring him in ? I would love to have him come locally.
   I saw him compete when he won the Fingerstyle contest in Winfield. One of his fingernails broke while he was playing either his first or second song. It was amazing to watch him continue and keep his composure.
No, you don't pay anything.  You need to get about 20 people signed up once he sends you the packet of information.  You won't be disappointed.  I even had my music director (from Church) come and she doesn't play guitar.  She thought it would be boring, but now she says next year she wants all of the musicians to attend, the music theory was great.  You know some people are natural teachers and he is one of them...  Add that to his musical talent and you have quiet a weekend of fun.  

John told me about breaking that nail while he was playing and how nervous he was during the event.  He said that it was quite nervewracking wondering how he would get through the rest of the event.  I sure would like to find a video of the event (he said that he didn't have one).

Let John know that I referred you (thanks).

Mike
Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights