Dating Larrivee Guitar

Started by mr. plow, August 19, 2003, 11:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hope the experts here can help with this.  According to the Larrivee website, production moved to the mainland in 1982.  I have a L05 that was made in Victoria and when I e-mailed Larrivee to find out how old it is, they said 1993.  Was Larrivee still making guitars in Victoria in 1993?  Were guitars made in Vancouver having Victoria labels put in them???  Any  help with this mystery is appreciated.  Cheers B)  

Dear Mr. Plow,

We moved from Victoria to the mainland in 1982-83 I believe, and we did not change the labels in the guitars for many years. The label is just of those things that doesn't get changed very often - to us the label didn't indicate where the guitar was build, but rather where it's heritage was from... if that makes any sense.

I don't think we actually changed the labels until 1997 ish when I got my first copy of adobe photoshop! :>
Before then it was VERY difficult to create such an ornate label.

I can always double check your serial number if you wish - post it here and i'll check it next time I come on the forum.

Matthew

An I alwas thought that dinner and a movie would do it.....what do I know....
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks for the reply Mr. Larrivee.  No matter the age, it is a great instument.  But since you offered to double check...the serial number is 13820.  Thanks.