whats the going price for a used Martin...

Started by sneaky, January 19, 2006, 04:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

00-15, all mahogany? Theres one in this city for about $900.oo US. I haven`t even picked it up `cause I think it`s way over priced.....or am I wrong?

Check out the link below...Recent 00-15 Sales on Ebay.
Prices ranging from a low of $390 to a high of $624...makes $900 look a smidge high.
Make em' an offer
Sad to admit but unfortunately for the most part the Bay is determining "market value" these days.
Dave

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&fstype=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=Martin+00-15&sacat=3858%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=55066&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&so=Show+Items&fsop=2&fsoo=2

Gosh at $900 that is above MAP for a new one. The list is $1099 and Map is $799 So even at MAP you can get a new one for less. Blue book is $500 to $575 excellent and $325 to $400 average. Ebay is close on the fair market value. today.
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

thing is...the shop is a second hand place and they won`t budge on prices...I tried before on another guitar. The Japanese are not big on haggling...`course being a foreigner they expect me to be rude enough to try.

Hi Sneaky,

If the importer has to pay extra taxes to bring the stuff in, that may be a partial explanation for the price. Have you researched the price of a new one locally for comparison purposes? I work with a guy who just moved back here from Japan. He said everything over is more expensive than we're used to...
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.

My favorite value calculation: half of retail + $100.

E. Shoaf

Quote from: Ratishna on January 19, 2006, 08:07:46 AM
My favorite value calculation: half of retail + $100.

E. Shoaf

Not to be used when valuing an Est@ban.  :WNK>
Ron

OK now lets not get started on Esteban again.  :UND>
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

OK now lets not get started on Esteban again.  :UND>
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Not to get it all started again, I just purchased a used Esteban for $25.  On second thought, I'll start a separate thread for this.

E. Shoaf

From what I've seen the going price for a used 00-15 is around $600.00 USD
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

there isn`t a new one to compare to. Tokyo this ain`t. I`d have to go down there to find one, and thats a $200.oo bullet train trip. True, MIAs and Larrivees cost about double the price in North America. Thats why I only buy used or wait for sales which come around once or twice a year. Don`t mind paying a little more for things but I hate getting ripped off, guess a local will have to pay their asking price for that guitar...me, I can wait till I get back to Canada for one.
thanks for the insight.

I have a Martin 00-15 (6 months old, still has pick guard film, humidified, non smoking, mahogany - not sappele, exc to mint, w/hsc) Asking $595 + shippping. Does that seem like a fair price considering all that has been said? I love the guitar but should have bought the 000-15S with the 1 & 3/4 Nut. I'm having gas for an OM-03R!
Chico