FS: '99 D-02

Started by oneeyedjack, January 18, 2006, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lust for a Martin D-18GE has inspired me to let go of this one. Sapele/spruce, black water buffalo horn nut& saddle and a MacIntyre SBT p/u. Top has been autographed by John Renbourne, Adrian Legg, Eric Schoenberg and Richard Gilewitz to name a few of the more recognizable ones. Excellent condition for the most part. Wood on the back was apparently overdried at the edge before it was bookmatched and swelled a little after it was built. No apparent structural or aural consequences. With gigbag. $500 + shipping. One could easily spend much more and get way less.

I'm sure you know this, but $425-450 with HSC is pretty normal on eBay for  D-02, and  expect that a top altered by autographs would drag the price down to many folks, unless they just had to have a John Renbourn etc. signature.  Do you think the signatures could be removed?  How about posting a pic?

ebay auction

D-02E

The guitar you cite had no pickup. I just spent $185 to install an SBT in one of my other guitars so I think I'm in the ballpark pricewise. I don't *have* to sell it.  Whether the autographs are worth anything to anyone is beyond me. *I* certainly wouldn't pay extra for them but in the interest of full disclosure I mentioned them. The sigs were done with permanent marker on a matte finish so I'm  not terribly confident that they'll come off.  I've got a few other instruments I'm putting on the block so pics will be forthcoming. Thanks.