Going to Atlanta this weekend...

Started by jmhyer, January 18, 2006, 08:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will be staying in the Peachtree City area. While the wife goes to a meeting, I'll have some time to kill.  Anyone have suggestions for nearby musical instrument retailers I could visit?  Would prefer places with high-end stuff.  I don't get to experience much of this where I live.

Thanks.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

PAGING RANDY>>>>>PAGING RANDY
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Well , there's always Guitar Center on about the opposite side of town from where you will be. Ther is also Maple Street Guitars in Buckhead. They have Lowdens and Goodalls and other exotics at times.
"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Maple Street Guitars is a must-see - great shop and good folks running it.  Guitar Center is guitar center.  There's a post somewhere about someone's wonderful experience at Maple Street.  Highly recommended.
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

You can go to GC and try out Stixx's Lv10 walnut/cedar. I've avoided going to GC to play it, because I know I want it..  :TON>

Or there's Dreamcatcher's in Roswell on the north side of town. http://www.gtrs4u.com/

We're having a jam this saturday afternoon 50 miles north of Atlanta in Dahlonega, and a Blues night & fishfry on Sunday night downtown near Georgia Tech at the Northside Tavern. send me an email if you;re interested in either of these events.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I was at Maple Stree today.  What an awesome shop.  There stock is a little low following the Christmas rush, but I played Collings, Goodal, Santa Cruz and some Taylors and Martins for comparison (they don't stock Larrivee).

I've never been, but Dreamcatches guitars is another highly-regarded shop.  Both Maple Street and Dreamcatchers are not at all close to Peachtree City (where I happened to grow up) which is south of the City.  It's almost an hour to Maple Street and over an hour to Dreamcatchers.  They are not like the Nashville shops, where you will truly salivate... even without an invitation to their high end rooms.  Also, GC on a Saturday is a zoo.  You'll have to fight your way through crowds of teenagers deciding whether to buy the Yamaha or trade  up to a Takamine.

Directions to Dreamcatchers follow:

1. Take the GA-400 NORTH/US-19 NORTH
2. Take the GA-92 WEST exit, exit number 7B, (Holcomb Bridge Road) towards ROSWELL
3. Merge onto HOLCOMB BRIDGE RD.
4. Turn LEFT onto ALPHARETTA ST (Hwy 120 West, Hwy 9 South) Look for the McDonald's on your left.  .7 miles
5. Go South on ALPHARETTA St 1 Miles
6. Turn RIGHT onto CHERRY ST. and into the Dreamcatcher Guitars parking lot at 1078 Alpharetta St. (Across the street from the Southern Skillet and Family Dollar.)