Why Should I Pick Larrivee Over....any Other Brand

Started by TonyTheTiger, April 08, 2004, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I played a bunch of Larrivees back when Guitar Center was carrying them.  I hadn't heard of them, but I played every one they had, and every single one sounded better than any other guitar in that room, including the expensive Taylors and Martins.  Enough can't be said about the tone.  I think of it as perfectly balanced, on every single guitar.  Other guitars sound like they're trying to amplify the lows, and then amplify the highs.  The Larrivees sound like they do both of those together, naturally, so instead of trying to make either the lows or highs louder, they're just making the whole range sound louder.  I guess you have to hear it.  But my personal preference is for perfect balance in a guitar, cuz if I wanted louder bass, I'll play that way.  And if I want louder highs, I'll play that way.  So ever since those times at GC, I said the only guitars I would ever buy would be a Larrivee.  I now own an L-02.  And Larrivee is the only brand I recommend, and am currently looking for a cheap used D-03 for a friend.

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if Matt Larrivee had an urge to buy another brand.  It's obvious why he likes Larrivee.
L-02
D-03-12 (whoohoo!)

QuoteWhy did I buy a Larrivee?..My ears made me do it....    

So I bought a few more. :)
Don
Hope you bought more Larrivees to go with those extra ears :unsure:  
Jack

Larrivee LV-03E
Framus Texan 12 String '69
Washburn D-28 '93
Aria Classical @'71
DeArmond M65C

QuoteWhy did I buy a Larrivee?..My ears made me do it....   

So I bought a few more. :)
Don
Hope you bought more Larrivees to go with those extra ears :unsure:
ROTFLMAO :lol:  :lol:
You're killing me Jack. Good one.