Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wood March Madness  (Read 790 times)
bevo

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2004, 02:13:56 AM »

Final Four:

Maple vs. Blackwood (BW wins, 80-73)
Mahagony vs. Rosewood (RW wins 92-90-Rivalry)

National Championship Game

Blackwood vs. Rosewood

With all this talk about woods lately, especially BW; I just wanted to know what you guys thought b/t these 2 wood types, BW and RW.  
 I'm trying to decide on a RW and BW so basicaly, I'm just gonna poll it, whichever wood wins, get's my money...er, the championship trophy.... :lol:

sound clips would be a GREAT help!

wtb LSV-05
SongMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 02:37:27 AM »

BW B)  
Scottee

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 04:44:28 AM »

Maple got robbed by a bad call at the end of the game.  But that's ok, cuz BW deserves it.

I have to go with BW in the championship game.  RW just sounds so normal when compared to these other woods.

By the way, Koa got dissed by the selection committee.  Always gotta give props to the 3D guitars.

L-02
D-03-12 (whoohoo!)
mjvincent

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 10:56:30 AM »

Maple got robbed by a bad call at the end of the game.  But that's ok, cuz BW deserves it.

I have to go with BW in the championship game.  RW just sounds so normal when compared to these other woods.

By the way, Koa got dissed by the selection committee.  Always gotta give props to the 3D guitars.
 :blink:  I have to disagree with Ref Scottee's call about Rw sounding normal in comparison to the others...  Being a RW owner myself I always thought that the other woods (other than BW which has a tone similar in quality as RW) were emasculated in sound...

IMHO of course  ;)  

Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights
bevo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 01:11:53 PM »

"By the way, Koa got dissed by the selection committee"

KOA made the "dance," but was upsetted in the sweet 16 by maple...hey, someone...i mean, somewood had to be a cinderella... :lol:  

wtb LSV-05
Play2praiseHim

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 02:54:03 PM »

You guys must have blinked or stayed away too long at the commercial break!!!   ROSEWOOD TOOK IT IN DOUBLE OVERTIME WITH A 3 POINT SHOT AT THE BUZZER !!!!!!        SWISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IN YOUR FACE!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: