Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Parlor - Help needed on guitar details  (Read 650 times)
mcn

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:58:36 AM »

Hello - this is my first note - I am looking at buying a second hand Larrivee Parlor (I have decide to re-egnite my guitar playing for my son (11 months), having not played for around 20 years). I have seen one on ebay, detailing the following - "solid FLAMED KOA  back and sides, gorgeous tight grain spruce top, one-piece mahogany neck, Larrivee closed tuners, 24" scale, 1 3/4" nut, fully bound ebony fretboard, and ebony compensated bridge the rare, koa parlors ,are the most expensive of the larrivee parlors , and the best soundin ones.."  I asked the seller if he knew the model name and date of manufacture - unfortunately he couldn't help me out....is there anyway that I can identify the model/dom on the guitar itself ?  I am going to try it out before I buy - are there any other things that I should look for or ask the seller (besides general sound/feel of play/looks) .  THANKS
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »

Under current nomenclature, the guitar you describe would be a P-09K.  Or something like that.  But the Larrivee Parlor is usually just called the parlor.  The serial number can be checked through Larrivee for date of manufacture and certain details can also trace it fairly closely since this model has only been in production for 6 years or so.

E. Shoaf
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »

I have the Koa Parlor, and it is a really nice small guitar. You need to understand that it has a fairly small body and the sound is not as full as most of the other styles of guitars, so it may not sound like what you are looking for. It does however, grow on you very quickly. You should see if any dealers in your area has a parlor to try before you buy one, as the Koa Parlors can be expensive. I have the P09, and these can be identified by having a pick guard and a gloss (versus a satin) finish.

Good luck.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
pschaafs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 06:35:25 PM »

I have the satin version of the koa parlor and really like it.  One thing that will affect value on the older satin parlors is the maple body binding - the oldest ones don't have it and the more recent ones do.  It makes a big difference in how they look....
LarriMan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 12:14:53 AM »

I have the P-09, a really pretty full gloss Rosewood and Spruce model.  For soft, finger pickin', couch playing it is really sweet. Anything beyond that--give me one of the big boys!  But for getting the grandkids used to the sound of a nice guitar, it's a winner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: