Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tacoma Guitars  (Read 10752 times)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 10:54:13 PM »

I'll buy one of the 12-string Papoose guitars one of these days.

The paisley soundhole Tacomas, which are their signature product are great sounding instruments. Tacoma built a lot of guitars with cedar tops, so if you like cedar, they are a good place to shop.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
geelinus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 03:53:01 PM »

Tacomas are vastly underrated guitars.

I had an excellent sounding and playing  DM-9 that I stupidly sold.  However, I remedied that boo-boo by buying a used DM-10 through this forum about a month ago.  Amazingly, that Tacoma sounds even better than the one I sold.   -_-

Gibson:  
CJ-165 (Maple),  J-45, J-100 XTRA (Bubinga), Songbird Deluxe, Les Paul Junior Special, Les Paul Melody Maker

Martin:
Custom 00-15

Alvarez:
MF610ESB

Washburn:
WP21SNS
boyds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 07:06:22 PM »

Have a lot of respect for the Tacoma Co. and it's product...however, my first guitar after 28 years of not playing was their maple dread. Beautiful to look at and superb to the ear. But, after three months of neck problems I traded it in for my first Larivee, an L-09. Haven't looked back once. Did hear that they were having issues with the necks back then, (3 years). Don't know about currently though.

Larrivee L-03QM
bigmo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 01:44:39 PM »

Have a lot of respect for the Tacoma Co. and it's product...however, my first guitar after 28 years of not playing was their maple dread. Beautiful to look at and superb to the ear. But, after three months of neck problems I traded it in for my first Larivee, an L-09. Haven't looked back once. Did hear that they were having issues with the necks back then, (3 years). Don't know about currently though.

As I started to read your post, I thought for sure the dreaded "finish bubble" issue was coming, but it's the first I have heard of neck problems. The necks and nut width are my fav part of my Tacomas. What sort of troubles did you have?

1997 Tacoma PM20
2001 Tacoma C5C Chief
2004 Tacoma EMM30 Forum Guitar
2006 Tacoma VECK40C

Tacoma Guitar Forum
boyds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 08:36:41 PM »

Over the course of the three months the neck continued to bow upward. Brought it back to the store I bought it from once a month for 3 mos and after they would look at it and adjust the truss, we would all hope like crazy it would keep. Nope, on the third visit in, I went home without my Tacoma. The owner of the store said he had heard the maples were having some neck troubles at the time. Didn't elaborate too much on specifics. Still love the guitars they make though. My son has a D-09. One of the nicest sounding mahogony's I've heard.

Larrivee L-03QM
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 08:43:13 PM »

No neck problems on the three Tacomas I have. They all have mahogany necks.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: