Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Love Nanci Griffith's Voice.....  (Read 1529 times)
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2004, 02:32:33 AM »

Simple, strong, and clear as a bell.

orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 09:54:52 PM »

.....and apparently I'm the only one. Hee Hee.

bino

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 03:03:54 AM »

Orsino:

I love her voice, too, really like her version of TVZ's Tecumseh Valley with Arlo Guthrie .... oh, yeah, and Dylan's Boots of Spanish Leather ... listening while I type, yep clear as a bell ... uhmm ...

bino
 :P  

Bino

Guild Maple Dreadnaught D30 (2001)
Morgan Mahogany OM (2003)
Larrivee Mahogany L-Model L05 (2008)
Larrivee Rosewood Dreadnaught D-03R (2012)
Guild Mahogany Sunburst Dreadnaught D40SBL (1977)
fitness1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 12:16:38 AM »

I saw her many times back in the beginning just solo acoustic......she really shined that way.....over the years she progressed in a direction that I wasn't quite as thrilled with, I actually saw her once about 8 or 10 years ago and she did a Pete Townsend style jump off the drum stage while playing a strat or something.....YIKES.....I thought, were did the "old" Nanci go???
I am glad to see that in the past couple of years she is starting to head back in the right direction.....if you haven't heard Poet in my Window or There's a Light Beyond these Woods (first two albums) do yourself a favor.....

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Eastman E10D - Mahogany/Adirondack
Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 02:38:08 AM »

I actually saw her once about 8 or 10 years ago and she did a Pete Townsend style jump off the drum stage while playing a strat or something.....YIKES.....I thought, were did the "old" Nanci go???

Oh my.....go towards the light Nanci-Ann!!!

laughingskunk

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 08:09:22 PM »

I've seen Nanci a few times over the years, and i have to say I love her on the stage with only her guitar as an accompaniement( a Taylor i believe just not sure of model)I get chills everytime i here her sing Love at the Five and Dime, and Gulf Coast Highway, and Trouble in the Fields and...................Funny you posted about her: i just picked up her CD  the other day from my collection and realized id beeen missing her. Im a parrot head(Jimmy Buffet fan) but i guess im also a Nancihead or is it Griffithhead.

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 09:16:30 PM »

Never saw her live but I love her CD's

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
BlueWing

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 06:10:48 PM »

I'm a big Nanci Griffith fan too.  I love her songs and her voice.  Even my 15 year old daughter who usually doesn't like anything I like, asks to borrow my Nanci Griffith CD's.  On the other hand, my husband thinks her voice is shrill and hard to listen to.

Don't know if other Nanci fans know this, but she sings a couple of duets (including a really nice version of "Gulf Coast Highway") with Tom Russell on his CD "Modern Art".

BlueWing
Larrivee SD-50
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: