Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advise on installing strap pin?  (Read 581 times)
finewoods

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2005, 05:56:24 AM »

I will be installing a strap pin on my LV-03RE this week and want to make sure the heel section is OK. I'm wondering if anyone has any advise or can tell me the drill bit size I should use to pre-drill the hole. How far in do I drill? etc. Should I use a leather or felt washer and is there a website for specific Larrivee pins or installation?

Finewoods
LittleBrother

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 07:47:43 AM »

I started using those 12.00 Planet Wave quick release strap connectors. I like how the guitar hangs on me which is much better than when they flop around on a heel button. You might like that solution rather than drilling. http://www.frets.com index has a chapter on every possible way to drill these in a heel. Since you dont have a bolt on neck shouldn't be any real problems. I never drill for those anymore though since the Planet waves hickeys came out.

Check out my new blues site WEB SITE with free acoustic blues lesson videos and more.
finewoods

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:52:02 AM »

Hi LittleBrother, you say I may like the 12.00 Planet Wave strap connector rather than drilling. Wouldn't I have to install the strap pin in the heel anyway for this connector to work which means I have to drill regardless? Sincerely,

Finewoodsl   
jmhyer
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 01:37:26 PM »

I think maybe LB is talking about connecting the strap above the nut with the quick release connector, rather than on the heel of the neck.

Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

I think maybe LB is talking about connecting the strap above the nut with the quick release connector, rather than on the heel of the neck.

http://www.planetwaves.com/pgeardetails.aspx?ID=2

Ron

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: