Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumbos to compare (Larrivee J09 Rosewood, Larrivee LJ 09 Rosewood n Taylor 415)  (Read 1219 times)
aidit alfian

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2005, 07:18:43 PM »

Hi everyone. Im new here. Im from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my first posting although Ive been browsing here since last 2 months.
Can anyone  help me compare these 3 guitars? Ive never  tried any of them. The  only Jumbos i ever tried were the Taylor 315ce 2000 and a Reissue of the old Gibson SJ 100. They are the only Jumbos i could find here.( in Malaysia) I own a Taylor 412K 1996 and a Larrivee LV03RE 2004. I want a jumbo since it SHOULD be a different sounding guitar in terms of the character of tone , volume.
I was originally looking out for a Taylor Jumbo. But the consistency of all the Larrivees i have played has led me to believe that all Larrivees are great sounding guitars regardless of the sizes, series. I have only tried the Parlors and the Ls. I was impressed with ALL.
I need your input. Thanx

-_-

[attachment no longer available]
oldrockfan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:35:06 PM »

I haven't played the larrivee jumbos but have played the taylor jumbos and they sound very bright. It is probably something you either like or you don't. I prefer the gibson jumbos myself. They sound really balanced and the ones I've handled have been beautiful build quality.

Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade
Calvin
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:35:30 AM »

Larrivee Jumbos are one of the best sounding guitars in their line.  Unfortunately, due to the nature of the jumbo, they are a bit difficult to play.  If you are comfortable holding one, then I say go for it, you can't go wrong.  Now you just have t find one for sale because Larrivee stopped making them.

Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print