Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Lj-10 - All Dressed Up!  (Read 1389 times)
Griff

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2003, 08:39:03 PM »

I just got my LJ-10 back from the Luthier after he replaced the Nut and Saddle with Fossil Ivory. I also had the pins replaced with slotless bone pins ordered from Alaska. My LJ-10 has always had a decent bass rumble and clear midrange, but for some reason some "shimmer" was missing. Now it has it back in spades!

I had always suspected the combination of Engelmann top and Rosewood B&S may not be a good combination for fingerpicking melodies because of the tendency to mute the treble. But with these upgrades, it is perfect for just about everything.

Griff

Larrivée: LJ-10 Custom (Gryphon)
L-10-12 (Bell Tower)
Parlour Koa Special Edition (Sweet Baby)
Gibson: 1951 Southern Jumbo ('Tiger')
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 02:38:30 AM »

it's neat to have a new guitar without spending a lot of dime.......ENJOY THE NEW TOY  :D  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
charlies3

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 11:43:03 AM »

Love those LJs!    My son has an LJ05-12 which has a terrific combination of rumble and shimmer.    I'm surprised that LJs aren't in the Larrivee catalog anymore.   A unique shape with a great sound.
Griff

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 08:26:56 PM »

Here is an update to the upgrades I did on my LJ-10. I have to report that it is a totally different instrument. The sound that comes out of it is hard to describe. Complex, rich in harmonics come to mind. It has certainly done what I had hoped - brightened up the sound from the Engelmann spruce while keeping the deep quality intact.

It is amazing what you can do if you toss the plastic stuff and replace it with something much better.

Now if I could only get a 12-string like Uncle Rob's LJ-05-12!

Griff

Larrivée: LJ-10 Custom (Gryphon)
L-10-12 (Bell Tower)
Parlour Koa Special Edition (Sweet Baby)
Gibson: 1951 Southern Jumbo ('Tiger')
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 08:41:16 PM »

Griff...That's not my LJ5/12,I wish it was.That belongs to charlies3 son,I wish he was my DAD>>HINT HINT HINT.Again my I wish you Enjoyment of of your old new toy.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: