Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Acoustic Guitar Guide  (Read 1222 times)
philster

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2004, 08:19:28 PM »

Anybody read this?  Got it from the Library last night.  Funniest thing I've ever read in my life!  An example is in a section called "playing in a top".  

He says "many guitarists have observed that a well-played instrument improves more in tone than a poorly played one, and that the tone of an instrument passed from a clumsy player to one with a fine touch also improves."

He's not talking about a better guitar player sounding better than a bad one here folks, he's saying that all things being equal the guitar of good player will sound better than the guitar of a bad player, no matter who's playing it! :blink:

This book is full of other hilarious statements like this.  A must read if you need a good laugh!

"Sometimes you wear stretchy pants, in your room...  Is for fun..."  Nacho
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 02:18:32 AM »

Actually I have heard this with respect to several instruments and it has to do with the structure of the instrument "remembering" and being conditioned to certain sounds, tones and attacks.

Sounds to me like the people who used to say that CDs sounded better when you put green sharpie ink on the edge. Some sort of voodoo. But some very good musicians are convinced of this and say that their instruments respond differently after someone else has been playing it. In all honesty, I have not heard it with respect to a guitar before.

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi
GTR Florentine Special
gaz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 07:20:44 AM »

sounds pretty far fetched to me... i would't buy into it one bit..

regards

A Koa GA and a Ziricote OM...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: