Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L.R. Baggs M1 Active  (Read 949 times)
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:21:22 PM »

So having recently purchased a Tascam DP-01FX digital multitrack recorder, I figured the Shure SM58 wasn't going to cut it alone in the recording department so I thought I'd get a pickup.  I emailed one of our dealers from here on the forum and got a great price on an L.R. Baggs M1 active soundhole pickup.  I had been reading so many good things about them so I figured, go for it. 

I got it last week and finally got a chance to install it over the weekend.  The installation was fairly easy.  The hardest part was getting the jack into the endpin hole.  Luckily, there was a hole already there so I didn't need any powertools.  I have a drill, I just didn't want to have to take it to the guitar.  I went to the www.frets.com website after and saw what I should have done but, hey, it's installed and without a scratch.

The sound is great but still has just a touch of that electrified acoustic sound.  I actually recorded a quick track yesterday and added some reverb from the Tascam and it sounds clean and clean gets.  Very nice, good balance. 

Then while perusing Ebay, I saw one of those new Audio-Technica AT2020 condenser mics.  The Tascam has phantom powered xlr inputs so I thought, for $87, how could I go wrong.  I will try recording using both the Baggs and AT2020 together and seperately to see what each one sounds like.

So now, I will have the AT2020, the Baggs, the SM58 and the Tascam.  I guess I'm ready to gig and to record??

Are there any good free sites to upload tunes?

ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 08:06:10 PM »

Denis,

I am not a user of this service but I have seen a few members mention it:

http://www.soundclick.com/docs/faq.cfm

If you have something you are dying to share with us you can email it to me and I will post it for you (limited time offer, no other coupons may be used with this offer, one special per household, please don't operate any heavy machinery (except musical instruments) when taking medication...)

Ron

Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 08:09:55 PM »

Denis,

I am not a user of this service but I have seen a few members mention it:

http://www.soundclick.com/docs/faq.cfm

If you have something you are dying to share with us you can email it to me and I will post it for you (limited time offer, no other coupons may be used with this offer, one special per household, please don't operate any heavy machinery (except musical instruments) when taking medication...)

No, Ron, nothing I'm dying to share with the class just yet.  Gimme a few more weeks of noodling and I may have a tune or two.  Let's just say, I'm workin' on it...

What musical instruments would you consider heavy machinery? :GRN> 

ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:32:26 PM »

It's all heavey, man...

Ron

Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 08:50:15 PM »

It's all heavey, man...

Whoa, I guess Ron grew some of the good stuff in his backyard over the summer!!! :WNK>

rustychicken

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 09:06:43 PM »

^_^

ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 10:57:34 PM »

Whoa, I guess Ron grew some of the good stuff in his backyard over the summer!!! :WNK>

Yup, sunflowers, cantelope, tomatoes, beans, peas, kolrabi, beets and lettuce.

But since I am on a fly-over to a local air strip everything else got mowed regularly.  afro

Ron

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: