Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iBeam in Pete & etc.  (Read 1285 times)
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2005, 09:59:10 PM »

Hi! I just returned from a Folk Service where I played Pete for the first time with the iBeam Active pickup instead of the Fishman Matrix. I really like it. Much more natural sounding. Less harsh. I ordered it from Elderly on Monday, received it on Friday, and had it installed on Saturday. I can't play the Yairi I just got because of shoulder issues, so I decided I might as well put a different pickup in Pete, since he & the Parlor are the only guitars I can play comfortably.

I haven't been on in quite awhile. I'm not even going to try to catch up. I hope all are well. Depression reared its ugly head again, so I had my meds readjusted, and I'm finally feeling energetic enough to play guitar and check in on the forum. That, and I can't check in during the day anymore. I guess the move and everything caught up with me. I'm feeling better. Our oldest daughter hit a scary spiral downwards, much worse than me. Since it runs strongly in the family, I guess I'm not surprised. She is on meds now, and seeing a counselor. She actually is smiling and singing again. She sang with our worship team (she was the cantor for the Chicago Folk Service--which is very demanding musically), and did beautifully. Anyhow, that's the news from Rapid City.

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 11:30:23 PM »

Deb,

Glad to see you back on the forum.  I have enjoyed your posts in the past.  I hope you and you daughter are doing well and on the upside of this thing. 

Stay active and let your frinds and family see you through these tough times.

Wishing you and your family the best.

Ken

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
jmhyer
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 03:50:12 AM »

It's always great to hear from you, Deb.  -_- -_-

Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 11:12:07 AM »

Deb,

Great to hear that things are on the up-beat.

Take care and make sure that music is a part of every day.

Ron

brimc76

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »

Deb it's good to hear from you again, you were missed. I'm glad to hear that you and your daughter are both doing better. Laughter and music have to be two of the best non prescription meds.

Brian M.
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 07:10:35 PM »

Deb,

Great to see you in the forum again. I always like your posts. I must admit to owing you a debt of thanks, I have my Pete in no small part because of the raves which you posted about yours. You were too right.
   A friend has been prodding me to do the open mike thing with him. So I will be hearing Pete plugged soon.

Have you added an outboard preamp with controls in your new setup? I have begub to wonder how necessary some controls would be to play Pete plugged.

You come accross as one of the nicest people on this forum. That is no small feat, considering the population of this particularly friendly forum. If I may be so bold, I am sure that we all wish you the best over the Holiday season and beyond. Hopefully you know you have a pack of friends here.

Best of luck with the downs.

Albert
jwieties
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 08:30:56 PM »

Hey Deb,
Great to hear from you.  Life sure is amazing.  So many joys and hardships... adversity and victories. 
All my best to your and your family.

Glad to hear the new pick up is working out for you.  I don't play out, but do occasionally play with a few friends who like to plug in.  Was considering putting a pickup into my parlor since that is what I take with me most of the time. 

Anyways... as you can see, you have been missed.  Lookforward to seeing you around more.
-josh

Larrivee P-03MT
Martin 00
Epiphone Bluesmaster
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 06:39:20 AM »

Thanks, guys (she says, blushing). You are all the best!

tubeornot2b, I leave the mixing to the church sound guy. He has had to turn down the bass a bit. The iBeam tends to be a little heavy on the bass, and Pete is kind of a bassy guy. That being said, the iBeam is much truer to the guitar sound than the Fishman. And not harsh or quacky. I think for an active pickup without an onboard preamp, it is the best I've heard.

I'm glad you like your Pete. Mine still makes me smile every time I open the case. A joy to play, a sound to die for, and very comfortable to my back and shoulders!

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: