Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A2.2 vs. Trinity Western...  (Read 876 times)
cldplytkmn

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:54:32 AM »

I'm buying a system for my larrivee, i've got a trinity western system in another guitar, and i like the way it sounds, but i'm not thrilled about the beltpack preamp.  I'm looking at three systems... the BBand A2.2, the Trinity Western, and the iMix... anyone have experience with any two of these? also i should say i've got an active ibeam in another guitar and think it sounds pretty good, but its not a great guitar so its hard to expect much.

parsky1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 06:52:25 AM »

Well the B-band and Imix both have an UST and an AST... from my experiences the AST can't be turned up very high in the UST and AST mix in very loud situations (about 75% UST 25% AST usually is my setting).  An AST picks up feedback fairly easitly.  The AST is really only good for studio recording or solo situations, so if you play in a band having an UST is almost a must.  Both the B-band and Imix will give you an option of choosing.  I have no experience with the K&K.

05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab
cldplytkmn

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 01:21:29 PM »

not trying to start an AST war, but while i have experienced what you're saying regarding feedback with my ibeam... my trinity western has been played with my old band, and at pretty high volumes...  that being said, i'm focusing on solo gigs right now anyway, so the feedback resistance isn't priority number one. 

specifically, how do you like the imix, and did you do the install yourself?

parsky1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 04:08:07 PM »

I like it, its a pretty flexable pickup with all the pots you can adjust on the preamp.  My only gripe is the Ibeam is a little too touchy when it comes to getting feedback.  Not a big deal though, I play with a feedback buster and keep it at about 25% in the mix, just enough to soften up the some of the harshness of the Element.  I had someone else install it, and would probably get it again if I got another guitar.

05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: