Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pickup systems and headphones?  (Read 702 times)
Redeemed

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:26:04 AM »

Now I'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not...  but is it possible to listen to your guitar through headphones?  Are there headphones out there you can just plug into your endpin jack?  I just thought that'd be a nice way to really listen to how various pickup systems sound..

Sorry.. I'm really clueless when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Thanks,

-dan

2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><
Redeemed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 12:28:44 AM »

hmmmm..... so does anyone know??

-dan

2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 12:44:52 PM »

Hi Dan,

There isn't too much available for this particular task. You can try a search on "Rockman" products. These were promoted a few years back as a good way to practice electric guitar. They are roughly "Walkman" size. I have also seen some info on how to convert a Walkman to this purpose. A little time with a good search engine should get you this info.

Most of the smaller units I have auditioned are very poor fidelity and probably not much use in revealing the sometimes subtle differences in PUS. I would suggest that a small mixer and a set of closed ear headphones would be the best tools for this approach. Be aware that monitoring on headphones is completely different than monitoring through an amp or PA system.

Good luck on your search.

Ron

sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »

There are several dedicated acoustic guitar preamps that have a headphone amplifier and jack.  A used Rane AP13 would be an economical choice, plus the preamp has many well thought out features.  Sounds pretty good too.
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »

There are several brands of guitar Headphone amps on the market, but I'm not sure if any of them cater to the acoustic world.   My Utrasound AG-30 has a headphone out but I get the feeling you are looking to bypass the amp part.

Here is a link to google results for Headphone amps.  Good Luck and let us know if you find anything interesting .

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=GUITAR+HEADPHONE+AMP

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: