Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aphex Acoustic Xciter  (Read 948 times)
CF Larrivee

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2005, 07:38:22 PM »

Just bought one of these gadgets and man ... what a difference. Everything sounds so much more "alive" and cleaner. When I turn it off, my guitars sound like the P. A. is behind a curtain.  It's a very hard thing to describe, but the sound is so much better with the Xciter. It's not an EQ, but enhances harmonics, if that makes any sense. This is one pedal that is worth it. Buy one, folks .... you won't regret it.

"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
cldplytkmn

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 10:33:21 PM »

i've heard someone using one while fingerpicking, and it sounded pretty darn good... but i wondered if it might be 'too much' under strumming... any way you can comment on that and/or post clips?  I've thought about getting one... appreciate your thoughts.

CF Larrivee

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 01:52:05 PM »

Sorry, I don't even own a computer (yes, I'm at work), so I can't do any clips. As for strumming, I wouldn't hesitate to use the Xciter while playing that way.

"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 04:23:08 PM »

i've heard someone using one while fingerpicking, and it sounded pretty darn good... but i wondered if it might be 'too much' under strumming... any way you can comment on that and/or post clips?  I've thought about getting one... appreciate your thoughts.

I found an interactive demo at the aphex website here. 

http://www.aphex.com/demo1401.htm

It will make you load the Shockwave player for the demo if you don't already have it   :EM>

I'm at a loss here, isn't this simply another EQ device that boost the treble and bass response ? 

Let's see , my guitar has one
My para D.I. has one and
my amp has one

Do I need another ???

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
CF Larrivee

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 02:09:49 PM »

No, it really isn't an E.Q. It's a  foglifter.

sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 04:23:05 PM »

I had the Aphex 204, which is the rack mouned stereo unit with Aural Exciter and Big Bottom.  The Big Bottom could do some interesting things, but the Aural Exciter was horrible, creating strident and harsh highs.  All in all, the eq circutiry in my rig outperformed it.  Sold it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: