Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doyle Dykes  (Read 822 times)
D4ve

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2005, 11:55:49 AM »

I saw Doyle play last night. Just incredible and what a nice person. He was very open and talked to the audience during and after his performance. He had one of his daughters with him. It was just a great show for 21/2 hours.

Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus
naboz
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 01:09:17 PM »

D4,
Where was this?  I see you are in Ontario; maybe he is going to be in the S. Mi. area?!
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:11:37 PM »

Doyle is one of those guys, after you see him play, you know that even if you practiced 24 hours a day, every day, for 20 years, you would never *approach* playing like he does.  He has a special gift.

E. Shoaf
brimc76

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:52:28 PM »

D4ve I heard that he played a concert in Newmarket (north of Toronto) on Wednesday night this past week as well. I believe it was hosted by The Arts Music Store. I heard about it only a couple of hours before he was to play but I already had plans to be somewhere else by then. Maybe next time.
 A couple of years ago The Arts hosted an evening with Pepino D'Agostino and Robert Godin to promote Seagull guitars.

Brian M.
GuitarGeek

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 03:08:45 AM »

Yeah, The Arts did host the clinic on Wednesday. The show was incredible!

brimc76, ever been into The Arts? it's a great shop! ( i'm slightly biased though...i kinda work there :UND>)

"Not all Who Wander are Lost"
D4ve

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 10:11:06 AM »

Naboz he was at Long and McQuade in Cambridge Used to be Murch Music.
I got the heads up from a flyer Taylor mailed me. He is in London tonight at Belle Air Music 364 Richmmond St. call in advane seating is limited 519-439-2000
Ratishna....you got that right he does have a special gift.

Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus
brimc76

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 04:09:57 AM »

Yeah, The Arts did host the clinic on Wednesday. The show was incredible!

brimc76, ever been into The Arts? it's a great shop! ( i'm slightly biased though...i kinda work there :UND>)

I do stop in there once and a while, that's how I found out about the Doyle Dykes concert. I'll stop and say hello next time.

Brian M.
omegaman416

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 04:17:24 AM »

I was listening to a DD CD I have on the way home from work today and was in complete awe. He is nothing short of amazing. Seems like a superb person too from what I have seen on the Taylor DVD as well.

The world is not a black and white place-It's green and blue
BGMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: