a thread for praising Taylors!

Started by Caleb, October 25, 2005, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay, people...I think that's enough.   :POL> We pride ourselves here on being civilized...so knock it off, please.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Yeah jeez. Let's keep it fun and not personal Rocknroll. Roman and I have these little jousts now and then. Personally I enjoy them. It's just a joke. 
Denis - I got a million of them. Almost as many as Roman has Taylors!

first let me say WOW.

now, let me say that i realize this is the LARRIVEE forum, but why should folks get all worked up over another brand of guitar? im sure some of you have been to the AGF. they talk larrivee and other brands all day long without getting emotional. just seems weird to me.

If my house was on fire and I could carry my wife, dogs, computer and guitars out............

I'd hand my Taylor to my Mother in Law .......................
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

Peter, you'll burn in H - E - double Larrivees for that one!   ^_^ ^_^
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Ok, my name is Fred and I have an addiction to Taylors. There, I said it. I did it. Now, I'll sit down! ^_^
For those of you who have both a Taylor and a Larrivee, here is a question. Does the Taylor neck seem to be flatter to you than the Larrivee? I am noticing that when I play a 300 or 400 series Taylor my thumb seems to really get lost. Is it my imagination or what?
I think a Taylor is a good compliment guitar to a Larrivee. The perfect Guitar Herd would include a Larrivee, Taylor, Martin, Guild, Huss & Dalton, Santa Cruz, Gibson and a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe.  :wacko:
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Fred

The Larrivée neck is a wee bit "fatter" . . . both play equally well for my hands thought, just a little different . . . and that's a good thing!
Johnson L Body
A&L AMI
Cort Earth 900
Taylor Big Baby
Gold Tone PBR
Regal RC-51
Fender R48
Ariana Classical
Seagull Artist Grand
Gibson SJ
Gibson J-55
Taylor 355
Taylor 414
Larrivée L-05
Guild D-55
Taylor 614ce
Taylor 714ce
Taylor 814c
Kent archtop
Silvertone archtop
Les Paul Custom

While its probably too late to bring any sort of straight discussion to this thread, I will note that Taylor's floating neck/body joint which allows quick neckset changes with shims is a masterful solution to the age-old neck angle problem.

E. Shoaf

Quote from: Ratishna on October 27, 2005, 10:22:37 AM
While its probably too late to bring any sort of straight discussion to this thread, I will note that Taylor's floating neck/body joint which allows quick neckset changes with shims is a masterful solution to the age-old neck angle problem.

E. Shoaf
never too late -  thats the point of the thread!

Quote from: Roman on October 26, 2005, 02:31:20 PM
Well, Larrivées are discussed quite a bit on the "Taylor" forum and I have yet to see any bashing or negative comments over there about them.  So what's the deal . . . ?  I have a wonderful L-05 that I enjoy.  I have a few other guitars that I enjoy as well.

I thought Taylor put the kabosh on the "Taylor forum",  What gives??
Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD

Try this.  http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/  The Taylor discussion group is included on this site. Duck spends most of his time there! :TON>

Man, I agree with the idea that I thought this forum was above some of this.

Ultimately, a guitar purchase is a personal thing. Since you are using your own money and then decide to buy one guitar over another, who am I to criticize what your decision. Taylor's sell for what they sell for because they are bought and sought out at that level pricing. If they lowered their prices they probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand or the maintain the quality levels. Tell me a Goodall, Collins, Bourgeous are worth twice or more what a Taylor costs?

Most of the other comments on this thread are almost completely unwarrented and below the level of civility this forum is known for.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

I love the Larrivee J-09fm that I got a few months back.  I also love my Taylor 814ce, that I bought 8 1/2 years ago.  They complement each other very well.  They Taylor shines at fingerstyle and I love playing it while sitting around the house.  It's so comfortable to play.  It also sounds great amplified.

The J-09fm is a fuller sound.  It's fantastic for complementing my singing. 

I enjoy both guitars and have no intention of selling either.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

Ain't the guitar.  It's the player.

It's all personal preference. 
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

All this talk is making me want to buy a TAYLOR  :GRN>

Hubby and I will be going to San Diego to make my long awaited guitar purchase this weekend and whilst there will check out the Taylor tour. Never seen a guitar production, can't wait!

Ok, enough already!

There's only one way to settle this. Everybody grab a Taylor daisy and repeat after me:

"pluck" I love you, "pluck" I love you not....

You too, Duck.
Ron

OH MY ,OH MY,OH MY............ITS THE FLASHBACKS I"VE BEEN PROMISE............HELP ME...........MY EYE'S..........CAN'T HOLD ON..........An...........yyyy ............Lo..........garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Thanks Ronmac :GRN>
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You're welcome!

Anybody come up with a "I love you Taylor"?
Ron

Buddy, can you see them breathing?

Can you imagine you,me, and Duck going on that tour?

Wonder how many employees it would take to toss us out?
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

Peter it would take at least ten to take me down. :GRN>

In all fairness{Gulp,me fair}though I'm not a fan of Taylors,I use to make big fun of them,OK I still do under my breath or if no one is present.There are tons of guitars out and I agree with all who have said to each there own hell I play Guilds and I don't think that there are many forums out there for Guild fans.So If you got it Smoke it,as they say.

PS they are breathing and dancing the Gratful Dead dance....in out up down spin all around.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help