a thread for praising Taylors!

Started by Caleb, October 25, 2005, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heres the rules of this thread, folks: if you cant say nothing good, dont say nothing at all. :GRN>

theres plenty of taylor bash to go around, so lets list what we do like about them. obviously, i'll go first.

i think their 12 series of guitars are just brilliant. id really like own one of their non-cutaway RW 12 series guitar one day (cant remember the model number - 712?)

i think the NT is a great idea a a major contribution to modern guitar building.

their pickguards just look cool.

ok, your turn.

my main performing guitar for over  a decade was an '89 512c 1 7/8.....obviously I liked it very much if I kept it that long!  Right now I have a '95 512 that may be the most punchy, well balanced GC I have ever owned.   I've had it for 8 months now (some kind of record since I found out about Ebay and the forums! :GRN>)   I think that ALL manufacturer's have the capability of making a pretty good instrument, it's so relevant on each piece of wood that it is a real crapshoot as we all know....sometimes they just get it right!
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

414. Wonderful guitar. Traded a nice guitar for a used one - really rich and versatile. Had to have the one I traded back, so I exchanged again - but that is a great guitar.

THEY SUCK !  :wacko:  Just kidding. They make a fine guitar.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  The 514 (cedar/mahogany) is the one Taylor that gives me T-GAS (Taylor Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) every time I pick one up.  I'd love to have one of those.  SWEEEEEEEET!  -_-
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Just kidding.

514c...killer guitar. I'd like one with cream body binding instead of the black binding that they use........oops, that was not meant to be a negative comment.

My kind of thread . . .  ^_^

I have a 2003 410R all gloss body and love it. 

I hang out here cause I think my next acoustic might be a L-05 possibly with a Hog top.

wayne

Boy, you're not kiddin' about the 514ce.  Everytime I play one I wish I could take it home.  Maybe someday.
2005 larrivee l-05
2006 national style o
1982 fender strat

I'll say something nice about Taylor: 714.
Mike
OM-03R

i think my fav is the 714ce limited made with cocobolo and maple strip. Its a beauty.

Plus Taylors are just really nice to look at.
<- |-|@|\|_$0O ->
1999 LV-09E

Taylor Guitars! Best use of wood since the hockey stick!

I have a Taylor 214. I'm convinced it's the best six string they make for the money. Just wish it had a 1 & 3/4" nut instead of 1 & 11/16." I also have a Taylor 555 12 string that is super. Funny how Taylor has always excelled in 12 string designs.
"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 26, 2005, 07:31:14 AM
Taylor Guitars! Best use of wood since the hockey stick!

Humour? Intransigency? Does it really matter?
Mike
OM-03R

I have two Taylors:

910 L7 (Brazilian RW b/s):  An absolutely beautiful guitar to behold.  It has a big deep sound that rivals any guitar I've heard.

912c (1994 model):  Another beaut.  A little quieter than the 910 but very well balanced.  Has a factory installed Fishman Matrix w/ outboard Blender and amplifies very nicely.  Unbelievable action.  Sweet little guitar that my wife loves to play.
- Taylor 910-L7 Braz
- Taylor 912c
- Larrivee D-03E
- Yamaha FG170
- 1978 The Paul
- Washburn M1S/TS
Pics

Taylor Guitars! A triumph of wood, wire and Scientology!     

And here I thought that making guitars was more art than science. Goes to show, what do I know? :WNK>
Ron

QuoteTaylor Guitars! A triumph of wood, wire and Scientology!

Forgive my ignorance, but I've owned several Taylors over the years and have enjoyed them all, including my lovely new 714ce. I have never heard of any connection between Taylor as a company and to the "church" of Scientology. Is this for real, or a joke?
~ David MacNeill
Recovering Guitar Hero

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 26, 2005, 09:22:41 AM
Taylor Guitars! A triumph of wood, wire and Scientology!     

I didn't think the praise part would last too long. But all in good fun.

Taylors sound so much like a Larrivee you can hardly tell them apart without looking at em.!  ^_^