K. Ryan Guitars

Started by naboz, March 26, 2004, 09:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It is obvious those here enjoy and appreciate fine sounding guitars :rolleyes:   I am wondering if any of you have played a Ryan, and did it seem to justify the price for you?  Let me say, I would have one in a heartbeat--w/o ever playing one; just their look and construction, it is my Dream Guitar...but, I could buy like 8 Larrivees instead,and that would be some stable!!
Any thoughts?

naboz

Thoughts?  There are tons of killer guitars out there by small builders. I'll never be able to justify an Olson, or some other 5 figure guitar, but luckily there are a large and growing stable of handmade small shop luthiers out there building guitars in the 2,500 to 3,500 zone.  It's possibly the best time to be a guitar buyer in history, although it's a tough time be a guitar builder.  Hopefully many of these folks will make it.  Look around you'll be amazed.  You can start right down the street so to speak from Larrivee at www.legendguitar.com .  I think it's a two or three person operation.  At least it was when I got mine 4 years ago.  Speaking of Larrivees, my SD-50 arrives monday http://www.larrivee.com/sloped/ .  It's got nothing to do with this thread, I'm just telling everybody I run across  :rolleyes:  
"Sometimes you wear stretchy pants, in your room...  Is for fun..."  Nacho

I can't justify the cost up in that range.....if I made a living playing guitar, or was rich, or had a discerning ear, then I'd be on it (maybe not Ryan, but some other....).

I can dream about it. Powerball....Lotto.....otherwise, I make do with what I have.

I saw an entertainer at our church....I thought he was playing a custom Larrivee 0010.....he was playing a Ryan, and whatever set up he had was sure working.....that's the acoustic sound I'd want on stage!!!
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

I'm with GIGGLER, I'm not in the position to be able to spend a few thousand on a guitar.  For now I'll stick with the Larrivee 03 series because I don't think that I'll find a better guitar at that price point.  However, if I do find myself in the position I wouldn't hesitate to pickup a Lakewood M-32 or J-50 which run right around $2000.  I also like the looks of John Mayes guitars and Doolin guitars among other small builders as well.