Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saw Dorian Michael last night  (Read 609 times)
GusHustler

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2005, 03:05:10 AM »

For those of you fingerstyle enthusiasts out there who haven't heard his solo stuff, I would highly recommend it.  Dorian plays a wide range of styles in a variety of backdrops, but I was just blown away by his solo perfomance.

A very gracious player, who is happy to share his love of the instrument.  His website includes a few song clips, including a full download of Manitoba Moon with the transcriptions!  How often do you see the pros giving that stuff away!

I also bought his DVD last night, and after watching most of it, decided it was very worthwhile.  Its built around blues, which isn't necessarily my sound, but fundamentally its crucial.  He even does a tutorial section on blues soloing, and gives you the option of playing just the rhythm section while you take lead guitar.  Its way over my head, but I thought that was such a cool feature.

i was very pleased with the performance, so I just wanted to help get the word out there about this very capable player.  If anyone else here is familar with him, chime in.

http://www.kenny-dorian.com/dorianmichael/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: