Fishman Ellipse blend

Started by HanSoo417, September 15, 2005, 06:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are ur guys thought on this? I have a Matrix II and was thinking bout getting one of these.
<- |-|@|\|_$0O ->
1999 LV-09E

I'll let you know when my Steve Miller shows up. Thats the factory installed system on it! :)

I saw one of these units installed in a Martin at a guitar center once... I thought it was pretty nice... It's a cool design---but at the same time, the thing is pretty hefty; a lot hangin onto the top of your guitar.. this may or may not effect the unplugged tone of your guitar...who knows?

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

i was kinda worried about that too. How heavy is it? If it's realy heavy then I would think that it wouls dampen the sound cuz the top wouldn't be able to vibrate as freely.
<- |-|@|\|_$0O ->
1999 LV-09E

hmm... I only had the chance to check this system out for maybe 10mins tops, and this was a good few months ago... so I'd take my recollection with a grain of salt.  with that said, I wouldn't say it was too ridiculously heavy(or at least I wouldn't guess it'd be too heavy).... but it is a pretty big unit surrounding about half the circumference of the inside of the soundhole... as worrisome as this may be, I'd guess that the engineers at fishman knew what they were doing when designing this system.

so I wouldn't worry too much... (but then again, there are folks out there that claim that pickguards dampen the sound of a guitar)

hope that helps,

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><