Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fingerstyle Help  (Read 1304 times)
Bryan

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2004, 12:29:49 PM »

I'm beginning to learn fingerstyle ala folk/blues, bare fingers, and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for videos/dvd's?  I'm starting lessons this week, but I thought another source might be helpful.  

OOOOOOOh I love my larrivee-can't sleep-almost as bad as when I first met my wife.

Larrivee OM-09
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 03:02:17 PM »

Bryan, I high;y recommend Mark Hanson's videos here.....
http://www.accentonmusic.com/videos.asp

dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 03:35:57 AM »

Hi Bryan,

I've tried some of Mark Hanson's instructional materials and I've found they are a little to jazz-based for my tastes.  He does a lot of transitions and inversions that aren't explained well enough for beginners, in my opinion.

I highly recommned Happy Traum's site: www.homespuntapes.com.  His materials are always top notch, and he's a great teacher.  He offers lots of beginning fingerstyle stuff for folk, blues, country blues, and bluegrass styles.  Check it out, you won't be dissappointed

David

Edit: I just checked that Mark Hanson site in Orsino's post and saw he has some beginner level materials - I didn't know that, I was commenting on his intermediate level stuff.

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 10:54:11 AM »

Thanks folks,
It's great to be a part of this community, been a long time coming.  By the way Orsino, I'm ordering the bone saddle today. I'll check those two websites this morning.

Larrivee OM-09
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: